New promotional video

COBRASoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like purple :icon_clap:

Good one... There are so many other REALLY nice colors to be used :BangHead:

Erel, I agree you should start using Basic4Android more in your publicity. I don't know any numbers, but I guess B4A is getting bigger and bigger compared to B4PPC, no? Once again, great job and congrats!

Upvote 0

skipsy

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0098:
Simple and clean !!

Upvote 0

rpsj

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very Nice ! :sign0098:

But english is not my first language, so I have some difficult to read fast :eek:
If each frame duration was longer I will prefer. About one ou two seconds will help. I Know that this will cause problem with the music that wold be longer too .. just a suggestion.

As other said : basic4ppc.com is not the best url to remember as Android tool

Rubens Jr.

Upvote 0

joseluis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree with the general opinion about the domain name. Using basic4ppc was probably useful at the beginning but is quickly becoming a ballast for new growth.

The ad superb. :)

Upvote 0

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent video. This should bring in more sales or at least more trial downloads.

Upvote 0

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great !! I think it will be better join the hello world example with this . Or at least provide the link at the end . Sure it will attract some more users to the community . Hats off !!

Upvote 0

Roeschti

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks good, but the sound....hmm...

The best: XML free, a few slides later: Excellent support for XML :D

That must be the Sax parser I think. Or have I missed XPath or XQuery? I dont know ;)

Upvote 0

straybullet

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks very good, but lets be honest some of the things being touted are not for beginners such as graphics.

The WYSIWYG isn't truly WYSIWYG its more of an outline, things such as tabs can not be shown are they would be .

If there was anything I wish B4A could improve on is graphics support and the visual ide portion.

B4A is great in many ways, but some times I feel there is a disconnect from what a developer see's and what the majority need.

If you are touting as basic then most functions should be readily available to the beginner.

I look forward to seeing B4A grow and these needed features added in over time and not see seeing the comment program it yourself made so often to people asking if there is a function for. If they could do java most wouldn't need B4A.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree that some of the features are more complicated. In some cases there is room for improvement and in other cases there are features that by their nature require the developer to have better understanding.

The WYSIWYG isn't truly WYSIWYG its more of an outline.
I don't agree with the above statement. It is not 100% in all cases but it is not far from it.

Upvote 0

straybullet

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree with Erel on this one, it is WYSIWYG when you connect to a device at design-time.

Every one has their own opinion, but the dev enviroments I used for IOS did not require the phone connected to the IDE for the visual editing to be correctly displayed... just saying. Visual basic did it in IDE , Delphi did and the list goes on.

I'm not knocking B4A its great and at the same time has plenty of room to grow to awesome status (if there is such a thing). Just the same great video.

Upvote 0

Roeschti

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure not everything is perfect, but if Ihave a look what I got for this few bucks I payed for B4A I'm very happy!

Since I have B4A in this few weeks of developping I realized all of my wishes for my tablet! Now I have a fat TouchScreen Remote Control for my media server, can stream live tv on the tablet and all epg information, recordings etc. I can control my web server, exchange data with my friends, have a tiniy fast web browser and and and...

Erel helps all the people in the forum, is working on improvements and produces new releases from time to time. He works a lot and listen on people's wishes. Of course there's not everything perfect, but we're talking about V1.8, not 9.22

And a reeeeeeally cool thing is: if you miss something, you can produce it by yourself with librarries.

Upvote 0

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
About the domain. Basic4android.com actually redirects to Basic4ppc.com.
I agree that the current situation is not perfect.

Basic4ppc.com is online since 2005.
Basic4ppc.com is Anywhere Software site. I don't want to have two different sites. From SEO reasons it was preferable to keep the current one.

Actually, For SEO, Basic4Android.com would be best used as a blog to support b4a not as a redirect. Within Basic4Android.com blog posts you would always point people back to Basic4ppc.com. You are already doing nice twitter and facebook posts, so this would just be additional post to a nice blog.

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Every one has their own opinion, but the dev enviroments I used for IOS did not require the phone connected to the IDE for the visual editing to be correctly displayed... just saying. Visual basic did it in IDE , Delphi did and the list goes on.

We may always find some improvement in any development system, but knowing well IOS environment and Objective C i can say that the comparison with B4a stops here, B4a offers an access very easy while opened to quite unlimited power upgrade by creation of libraries.
Knowing also Delphi and Visual Basic, i can say that these 2 languages have also their own problems, sometimes with much more gravity than what you find in B4a!!
B4a is a great product, Erel do a wonderful job, we have all to support and encourage it.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Just wondering am I allowed to use the music which is in this promotional video in my promotional video for my app ?

If so, whats the name of the song?

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like it a lot.

Yet more well done stuff!

regards, Ricky

Upvote 0