Android Question Newbie with iPhone development on Windows 10

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know these are probably a worn out questions but I'm investing nearly $200 so I need to be clear on something. I have a lot of experience developing for Android using B4a. I have an Android app that I want to port to iPhones so I purchased your B4i product.

My understanding is that I can develop for iPhones using B4i on my Windows 10 machine, but I don't have a phone for testing and I don't have a Mac to develop on.

There is something called Hosted Builder that I get the impression I can use, but I don't see any instructions on how to install it. Is this something I get from Apple when I sign up with them and pay the $99? If not, where do I find it and when during development and testing do I have to pay Apple their $99?

Also, I assume, even though I use B4x I still need B4i? Or not?

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know these are probably a worn out questions but I'm investing nearly $200 so I need to be clear on something. I have a lot of experience developing for Android using B4a. I have an Android app that I want to port to iPhones so I purchased your B4i product.

My understanding is that I can develop for iPhones using B4i on my Windows 10 machine, but I don't have a phone for testing and I don't have a Mac to develop on.

There is something called Hosted Builder that I get the impression I can use, but I don't see any instructions on how to install it. Is this something I get from Apple when I sign up with them and pay the $99? If not, where do I find it and when during development and testing do I have to pay Apple their $99?

Also, I assume, even though I use B4x I still need B4i? Or not?
Forget that last question. I see the obvious answer.

Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
i tried B4i for a short moment, but as far i remember you need a virtual box to run MacOS . VMware can do the job for you. But running MacOs outside apple hardware is illegal;you can find sides how to setup.
B4i runs on your windows machine, the builder is on the virtual machine so i remember. A situation like B4R.

Upvote 0