B4A Library NineOldAndroids

This is my version of the NineOldAndroids lib for B4A. It's free and provided with the Java source code.

This library offers more possibilities of animation than AnimationPlus (rotation or translation on more than one axis for 3D effect, animation step by step with events for each step, synchronization between animations, ability to change the view size and contents during the animation, etc.).

It works with all versions of Android >= 2 and with all views, even custom ones.

v0.92: Initial release.
v0.92b: I changed the package name and repackaged the source to ease its compilation.
v0.93: I fixed a bug in noaObjectAnimator.InitializeFloat.

Attachments

• NineOldAndroids v0.93.zip
    328 KB · Views: 1,821
  • BasicTranslationExample.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 835
Last edited:

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, @Informatix

if I'm not mistaken, the library seems to not work on Android 7 (I tried noaObjectAnimator - InitializeFloat - PROPERTY_ROTATION_Y).
It seems as you had set the duration to 0.
If I'm not mistaken, you make a confusion between "I don't know how to make it work despite the example given in post #1" and "it does not work under Android 7" (the lib has no reason to fail on a recent Android version because its code does not rely much on the Android API). ;)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I'm not mistaken, you make a confusion between "I don't know how to make it work despite the example given in post #1" and "it does not work under Android 7" (the lib has no reason to fail on a recent Android version because its code does not rely much on the Android API). ;)
Sorry, I am so stupid that I don't know how to use anything, mainly your library.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The image simply disappear.

I was trying to make a screen recording, using an app (used by Erel). The video is created but... in the video the ImageView does not appear even before pressing the button!

Trying again!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What happens exactly?
I was trying to make a screen recording
1.gif

Perhaps because of the video, perhaps because of the tool to create the animated gif, here it seems that the image of the dog disappears before I press the button but obviously it is not so.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 67957

Perhaps because of the video, perhaps because of the tool to create the animated gif, here it seems that the image of the dog disappears before I press the button but obviously it is not so.
Some rare versions of Android 7 do not rotate with native commands.
For example on some Huawei

Last edited:

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HUWAWEI P8 LITE 2017

I'm watching a my "old" project; this works and I use noaObjectAnimator and noaAnimatorSet in it (but no rotations, just translations x and y).

[I have already tried to use an noaAnimatorSet in the "new" test project, without success].
This link seems to confirm that RotationY does not work on Huawei devices with Android 7:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45477454/rotation-y-not-working-on-some-phones

Does the label demo work on your device? It rotates a label, not an imageview.