B4A Library NineOldAndroids

This is my version of the NineOldAndroids lib for B4A. It's free and provided with the Java source code.

This library offers more possibilities of animation than AnimationPlus (rotation or translation on more than one axis for 3D effect, animation step by step with events for each step, synchronization between animations, ability to change the view size and contents during the animation, etc.).

It works with all versions of Android >= 2 and with all views, even custom ones.

v0.92: Initial release.
v0.92b: I changed the package name and repackaged the source to ease its compilation.
v0.93: I fixed a bug in noaObjectAnimator.InitializeFloat.

Attachments

• NineOldAndroids v0.93.zip
    328 KB · Views: 1,838
  • BasicTranslationExample.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since PROPERTY_TRANSLATION_Z does not exist, should I use PROPERTY_SCALE_X - PROPERTY_SCALE_Y to simulate a translation on Z?
PROPERTY_SCALE is not for translation. And it's not possible to translate along the Z axis before Android API 21 so it's not included in this library. The CameraDistance property can be used for this purpose, but I did not test the effective result. Under most recent Android versions (API >=21), you can try "setTranslationZ" with JavaObject.