Beta No line between SUBs (B4A 5.0 Beta)

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I noticed that in new 5.0 Beta version there was no line between subs. I really like that line,
it make the code more readable, can you add the line, or option to turn it on or off in future release?
Thanks

noline.jpg

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
can't lines be draw, if you need, something like '-------------------------------------------------------------------------?

Upvote 0

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can only speak for myself, but some kind of clear visual indication is needed. For example, when you are scrolling through the code, looking for a sub, it will make it much faster to find, as the brain won't have to process the code, just look for that indicator and the correct name.

However, if the editor won't support it, well, not much to do. But, in that case, a nice fallback would be my earlier suggestion: an option to change the background color on Sub lines. In fact, I would like that better than divider lines.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I too would like to see sub divider lines - it makes visually navigating the code much easier

Upvote 0

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've read comments that people didn't even see/know there were lines there. That was the beauty of them. They were subtle but useful.

Upvote 0

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep, seen that, but some other solution would also work, such as allowing an alternate background color for the Sub lines. That would work in the new editor, and would be even nicer than the lines.

Upvote 0

ArminKH

i'm agree with @Jaames
atleast this can be solved by take an option on IDE Option for visible or invisible the line separator between subs,but if is possible !

Upvote 0