Beta No line between SUBs (B4A 5.0 Beta)

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I noticed that in new 5.0 Beta version there was no line between subs. I really like that line,
it make the code more readable, can you add the line, or option to turn it on or off in future release?
Thanks

noline.jpg

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, it is impossible to incorporate it and there will be no line in the future version?

Upvote 0

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought the lines were unnecessary, unless I was reading someone else's code that didn't put blank lines between subs.

I hope this encourages people to add the blank line - makes it much easier to read, line or not. :)

Upvote 0

bigbadfred

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
it's funny: I always remove that line because it annoys me.
As I always put my code in regions and collapse them afterwards, the code windows gives me a nice overview.
On the other hand, the new GUI with the treeview makes navigating a lot easier.

Upvote 0

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
At least we don't have to argue about the position of the opening brace of C functions. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Suggestion: Add the option of having a different background color on the Sub lines. That way, we can make them shine out how much or how little as we want.

Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
So that means that it makes no difference to me as I never noticed that the lines were missing, and I was coding an app in 5.00 for a good 9 hours yesterday :)
Ok, your opinion, I'll see you when you hit the unreadable code like @Dave O said , no blank line between subs, no comments, it is much much harder to read the code without that line... But, it's just my opinion, I can live without the line ;)

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My code is always readable, that's why I have a space in between subs :p
I know that the line helps, I'm not saying that they don't. In Visual Studio 2013 there are sub separation lines, but I still notice the spaces and comments. Over the years my mind just ignores the lines and looks for spaces and comments, either that or I just so a quick sub search. I do agree with @Dave O when he said 'lines were unnecessary', but that's just what I think when it comes to me. Plus their are vertical lines to the left side of the subs that are easy enough to follow too.

Anyway you will soon get used to not having the sub separation lines, and then you will forget about them altogether :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Quiz:
How fast you can count subs on left , and how fast on right?
line2.jpg

:) . I know, It's not big deal, but there is so many people who do not format the code, neither mine is so pretty, but it is not the worst...
On the forums, (in the code tags) there is no line either, and it's fine, I can read it.
So we can agree that the line is not necessary, and we shall bury it ? :)

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I've mention in 2 previous posts, I have spaces in between my subs so the above Quiz does not apply to me ;) so you're cheating me lol.

Without spaces I do agree with what you say, but with spaces the lines makes no difference to me imo. Anyway you should really put spaces in between your subs lol :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0