iOS Question Numbers by default on keyboard on a iPad programatically

mtechteam

Licensed User
Longtime User
On an iPad within the designer I can assign a numeric keyboard to show when in a text field. It shows the same keyboard size but shows numbers and punctuation instead of letters (same as if I had pressed the 123 button in the lower left of the keyboard). I am creating a text field programmatically that accepts only numbers. Is it possible to make the keyboard layout the same as what I have done in the designer? Setting the Keyboard type does not seem to have any affect (does it matter at what point in the creation process I set this parameter?)

mtechteam

Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand that there is not a numbers only keypad. The default keypad that shows in iPad has letters on it. If you press the button in the lower left it changes to numbers and punctuation. I can set it to show this (numbers and punctuation) directly by setting the keyboard type in the designer for a text field that I define. I was wondering if there was a way to set this using code when I create a text field programmatically.

Upvote 0

mtechteam

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought I tried that. Perhaps I just needed a good night's sleep. It is working now.

It is in a panel that I show and hide. Perhaps I put the setting after the RequestFocus for the text field. At any rate, thank you for your patience with me.

Upvote 0