Android Question Overwrote .b4a File (have .apk file)...HELP!

MickFinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok beginner error but I had a project that I've been working on for some time and in moment of distraction I overwrote the main .b4a file!
I have a compiled .apk file is there any way I can get the file back from there??

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
is there any way I can get the file back from there??
Yes. ONE.

Copy back your file from your backup. As always :)

There is no way to get the source back again from the apk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
or do

file > export to zip > save it as projectname_yyyy-mm-dd.zip

each day you made some changes.

Upvote 0

cimperia

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have not overwritten the whole folder, you should be able to get quite a bit of information from the main.java file stored in YourProjectFolder\Objects\src\b4a\YourPackageName\

You'll see that it'll contain lots of BA4 code commented out and replaced with Java code. Not ideal, but it'll be better than starting from scratch.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
put your sources in your dropbox folder.

when you want to revert simply right click and select another version (screenshot1)

if you accidently trashed it you can simply recover any previous version aswell (screenshot2)

Attachments

• dropbox.png
    dropbox.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 172
  • dropbox2.png
    dropbox2.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
forgot to mention that these versions are created at each compile, you don't need to do anything for it :)

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see 105 there and I use the free one. In situations like he has you'll be happy with the last 5 or so.

Upvote 0

MickFinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the help and advice guys. Looking in
If you have not overwritten the whole folder, you should be able to get quite a bit of information from the main.java file stored in YourProjectFolder\Objects\src\b4a\YourPackageName\

You'll see that it'll contain lots of BA4 code commented out and replaced with Java code. Not ideal, but it'll be better than starting from scratch.
Thanks for that, gets me started at least!

Upvote 0