Games [PC / Console] What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by wonder, Apr 25, 2017.

1. wonder

wonder Expert Licensed User

[​IMG]

So earlier this year, I managed to finish Doom 2016. :)

It was such a blast to play this game from start to finish! Non-stop action, fantastic gameplay, no bullshit tutorials, no over-complicated menus and all of this presented with really nice graphics!

So congratulations to Id Software, for capturing most of the magic of what it was gaming in the late 90s!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. andymc

andymc Well-Known Member Licensed User

I'm also playing doom!!! It's great so far.

I also play Elite dangerous

wonder likes this.
  3. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Well-Known Member Licensed User

I always use to play on consoles, mostly XBox since its first introduction. But when the XBox One was released it turned out to be far from 'next gen' and so in disgust I turned to the PC and have been gaming on the PC for the past 18 months. I have a pretty nice rig, i7-6700k with 16GB RAM, 240GB M.2 system drive and two SSD's for data. Graphics is handled by a GTX 980ti and the whole lot is water cooled.
    I may consider the next release of XBox as it does appear that they are pushing the limits of technology once again. I'll have to wait and see, but I have grown quite fond of my PC and the graphics are amazing!

My favourite games are racing sims. Dirt Rally, Project Cars and Asset to Corsair to name a few. I find that they help me to unwind and relax after a busy day at work.
    Dirt Rally is particularly difficult but also very satisfying when you nail the corners just right :D

wonder likes this.
  4. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

i like war games. i used to play Battle Field 3 and 4 but now i dont have the time for it.
    i also like racing games like Asphalt or NFS.

EDIT: i really would like to try this one out.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    wonder likes this.
  5. An Schi

An Schi Active Member Licensed User

Since i moved out of my parents home i only play on PC.
    Normaly i skip between some action/1st/3rd person and a strategy game.
    But some month ago i found Europa Universalis 4 and i am totaly hooked. I only play this and no action anymore. It is a real time grand strategy game starting in 1444 and ending in 1821. It is the most complex game i have ever played. Civ is kindergarden compared to it. If you are into strategy, steep learning curve, very deep and complex mechanics i suggest this to you. Price is 40E, but it is regulary on sale on Steam for 10E.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/Europa_Universalis_IV/

6. andymc

andymc Well-Known Member Licensed User

currentcly mix of Doom and Euro Truck simulator 2. Two very different games based on whether I want to shoot things or have a relaxed drive

7. wonder

@andymc, have you tried Brutal Doom (mod)?

8. ronell

ronell Well-Known Member Licensed User

PC - RESIDENT EVIL SERIES, SKYRIM :cool:
    3DS, DS, PSP, GAMEBOY - Pokemon series :oops:

wonder likes this.
  9. wonder

I've played RE1, RE4, RE5 and the new RE7 Demo. I've only managed to finish RE4, my favorite so far! :D

ronell likes this.
  10. ronell

ronell Well-Known Member Licensed User

finish RE4.. uhmmm a hundred of times?? lol
    i like to shoot stupid zombies in the head ..

the story is not related to the other series, RE ends in RE6 .. :(

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  11. wonder

Holy shit!! I've just spent 4 (last night) + 8 hours today playing (I mean, researching) Zelda - Breath of the Wild. ;) :D

What a game!! We have so much to learn with Nintendo...

I've also been playing Sonic Mania a lot... :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  12. ilan

its so amazing that i played so much this game when i was young and only now i realize how awesome this game is from a game developer perspective and not from a gamer perspective.

bring memories back :)

13. wonder

14. ilan

it look like the same old sonic i played when i was a kid. anyway sonic is really amazing when you think it was made in the 90s i think.
    it would be very interesting to try to make a libgdx box2d version of it in b4a :p

15. Descartex

Descartex Well-Known Member Licensed User

Commandos: Beyond Call Of Duty...
    Classics never die...

16. trueboss323

trueboss323 Active Member Licensed User

Half Life 2

17. alwaysbusy

alwaysbusy Expert Licensed User

Snake II on my Nokia 3310...

ilan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice