Android Question Problem with B4XFloatTextField

Cleidson

Either I don't know how to use the controller or I don't understand what's going on. I have a B4XFloatTextField in numbers mode. Until now it works perfect. I made a test record with 10 numbers and recorded it in the database. Then, as a test, I wanted to make a change to the value, and here I don't understand what happens.
When I get to ten 10 characters again it returns the previously recorded value. Regardless of what I type.
Example:

I recorded 1234567890

I want to change to

When it reaches the 10 number it shows in the control

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1684648867131.png

This is not the expected behavior. It sounds like a bug / non-standard behavior of your soft keyboard.
B4XFloatTextField = EditText + extra features. Setting the keyboard type sets EditText.InputType to numbers mode. It isn't expected to limit the text length.

Upvote 0

Cleidson

Dear Erel, Thank you for your usual attention. After much research what was happening I realized that I was using the wrong data type. Instead of using a Long I was using an Int. When I typed a value above the limit of the int it returned the highest value that the int supports. Parsing error on my part.

Upvote 0

Cleidson

Dear Erel,
In this case, it is a function that performs a treatment on integer numbers, but it took me a while to realize that some of these numbers exceeded the limit of the Int type. However, Long meets the requirement. Even so, thank you for your attention.

Upvote 0