iOS Question Problem with Bridge and Debug

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everybody,

I am trying for hours now to get the basic setup working.
Using a Mac for the compilation and a Windows VM (using a bridged network) for the development.
I have followed the videos but the first problems arises when I try to install the bridge using Safari on the iPhone:
I get the website displayed perfectly fine, but when I click on the button "Install App", simply nothing happens. No error, nothing.
My next step was to use iTunes to deploy the IPA on the iPhone. That worked and I could see the designer when I opened the bridge app on the iPhone. I could design the "first app" perfectly fine.
But then I tried to debug (or start) the app.
When I pressed the "Play" button, the bridge was still running on the device. It then started compiling, and the compiler window told me to run the app on the device.
Here is the second problem:
On my device only the bridge app got closed automatically, nothing else happened. No info about if I wanted to install a program, nothing.
The same happens if I press "Play" when I don't have the bridge app open on the device.
The b4a-certificate is installed on the device.

Any help here?
I would really like to start coding (and debugging *g*) ;-)

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

---
Update:
Output of ../test of the server:
--
B4i Build Server
Build server is running.
Version: 1.5
Server time: 18:26:54
Mac SSL Key
Key IP: 192.168.100.159
SSL port: 51042
h files
  • iAd: 1.00
--

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

thanks a lot for your reply.
Using the remote builder worked perfectly fine.
Both problems didn't occur there (I could install the bridge and I could install the little POC program).

But how do I get it working locally? ;-)

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

currently the IP config is like this:
- iPhone 6: 192.168.100.155
- Mac with Builder: 192.168.100.159
- Windows VM with IDE: 192.168.100.173

Best regards,

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

I would be happy if I could get the local one working as I would then be independent of a working internet connection ;-)
I have already tried the trick with the key-folder deletion multiple times... Unfortunately without success :-(

Any more logs etc. I could give to you ?

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

hm that's bad :-(
I am still not quit understanding why I don't get the bridge app to download on the phone in my local setup:
I can open the web page to install the bridge but when I click the button, nothing happens.
What exactly should happen then? When I look into the source code I can see that a special URL should get opened as soon as the button is clicked.
Any way for me to do more debugging at that exact point what the server on the mac is doing (or should be doing) when I click the button on the phone?

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

it is really strange:
When I load the page to install the bridge (which loads perfectly fine), it gets logged in the macbuilder log:
---
192.168.100.155 - - [10/Feb/2015:17:09:29 +0000] "GET /a2t5izx HTTP/1.1" 200 - "http://192.168.100.159:51041/a2t5izx" "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4"
---

But when I click the button, I see nothing in the log... Is that normal?

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

after a lot of trying out etc. I have now made progress:
It works if I don't force it into a special IP using "manual:" in the key.txt file.
How did I test it:
- Used my iMac which only has one IP (is no VMs or so are running there)
- Started the server without any special settings, got IP 192.168.100.122
- I could then compile the bridge AND also download it via my iPhone (192.168.100.155)
- I then deleted the "key" folder on the iMac and only put "manual:" in front of the (anyway already correct) IP 192.168.100.122
- Then I started the server again
- I could compile the bridge without any problems but now I could not install it from my iPhone anymore

--> My guess is that there is s.th. wrong with the server as soon as you force it manually to use a special IP

Would you please be so kind to look into this issue?

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

this is the content of the "key" folder when I have no manual IP set:
---
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 3928 15 Feb 09:40 04.pem
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 21 15 Feb 09:40 index.txt.attr
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 0 15 Feb 09:40 index.txt.old
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 3928 15 Feb 09:40 jetty.crt
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 4012 15 Feb 09:40 key.jks
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 1109 15 Feb 09:40 key.pem
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 3 15 Feb 09:40 serial.old
---

This is the content of the "key" folder when I have a manual IP set (the same IP as it chose automatically anyway):
---
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 3928 15 Feb 09:43 04.pem
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 21 15 Feb 09:43 index.txt.attr
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 0 15 Feb 09:43 index.txt.old
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 3928 15 Feb 09:43 jetty.crt
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 4012 15 Feb 09:43 key.jks
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 1109 15 Feb 09:43 key.pem
-rw-r--r-- 1 cfasold staff 3 15 Feb 09:43 serial.old
---

They look exactly the same... But as soon as the server is forced into a specific IP (even if it is the same it would have
chosen automatically anyway), the download of the bridge doesn't work on the phone anymore.

Would you perhaps want to see it via Teamviewer "live"?

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

yes that is correct. As long as I do not enter a "manual" entry in the key.txt, it works fine.
But the problem is that I need to develop using my MacBook (and not my iMac) and there (due to Parallels Desktop) I have multiple IPs and have to force
the server to a certain IP address...

Chris

Upvote 0

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

I am completey unsure what is going on :-(
As soon as I prepend the "manual:" into the key.txt (no spaces, trailing spaces or new lines), the bridge app cannot be installed any more on the device (real iPhone or xCode iPhone simulator) as the popup doesn't come up when the "Install Now" button is pressed :-/

As the rest of the mac-server works (e.g. when I manually put the ipa on the iphone, the designer can connect to the bridge app perfectly fine), there _has_ to be some bug somewhere :-(

Any chance that I could not force the server on a special IP but a specific network device (e.g. eth0)? Then it would automatically take the correct IP address...

Chris

Upvote 0