iOS Question Problems with app Review in App Store

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Review of my app in App Store Connect ends with a task, that I did, but they think, I didn't:

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their microphone but does not clarify the use of the microphone in the applicable purpose string.

Next Steps

Please revise the relevant purpose string in your app’s Info.plist file to specify why the app is requesting access to the user's microphone. You can modify your app's Info.plist file using the property list editor in Xcode.

I am recording Audio, that's why I use the first PlistExtra. (The other three were somehow also necessary, when uploading to the store, but I don't use Camera or file selecting in the app).
B4X:
#End Region
#PlistExtra:<key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key><string>Record Audio</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key><string>Taking a photo and attach to the task.</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key><string>Select a photo.</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription</key><string>Save photo in albums.</string>
(I wrote this lines just after the Project Attributes region, not in it. This should not be the problem, right?)

So where is the problem? What could I do?

naifnas

Licensed User
B4X:
#PlistExtra:<key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key><string>Record Audio</string>
Record Audio........ not Enugh
This for exmpale ..
Change to better string
And another you most write

Upvote 0

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
This was now accepted, by changing to
B4X:
#PlistExtra:<key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key><string>Record Audio to analyze music</string>
It seems to depend on the reviewer. I have two other apps published where "Record Audio" was OK.

But now another reason for rejection

Upvote 0