Problems with B4A Bridge. Is the previous version available?

ptp170

Licensed User
Longtime User
[SOLVED] Problems with B4A Bridge. Is the previous version available?

Hello all!

Firstly, hello to the amazing community on here! I hope to be picking your brains on many a topic in the future, but to start with I have a more simplistic problem to solve!

Previously I was running B4A v1.92 and the version of B4A Bridge prior to V2.01 and Bridge worked perfectly.
I installed B4A V2.00 and got a notification on my phone that there was a B4A Bridge update which I installed.

I've now quickly noticed that Bridge on my phone just sits there 'Waiting for wireless connections' regardless of what I do.

I've tried the following without sucess:
-Rebooting phone and PC,
-Disabling Antivirus software on my PC,
-Disabling the Firewall on my PC,
-Reverting the B4A v1.92

The only thing left is to try the previous version of Bridge to see if that resolves the issue!

Info: Phone is a HTC One X running ICS (IP is reported correctly in Bridge) and the PC runs Windows 7 64bit Ultimate with AVAST AV and Windows Firewall.

:sign0163:

Chris

Last edited:

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure if there is a link or if someone might have the older APK, but you could possibly try B4A Bridge Plus, which was based off an older version of B4A Bridge.

Upvote 0

ptp170

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can get it to work in USB Debug mode, although I found this to be really hit and miss which is why I changed to the Bridge method as it used to be 100% reliable!

Attachments

• Log_1.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ptp170

Licensed User
Longtime User
I started logging, loaded Bridge, clicked on Start - Wireless, waited for a while then clicked on the Stop button (unnecessary I know).

Attachments

• Log_2.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ptp170

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tidyed up the thread for everyones sanity :D

Started Bridge, selected Tools > B4A Bridge > Connect - Wireless

IP Address is correctly entered

Attachments

• Log_3.zip
    4 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0

ptp170

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried Bridge Plus as suggested by Kevin. The file manager fails to connect to the phone using the latest Bridge version. If I use the (older?) Bridge Plus version the IP reported is ::1%1 which, from reading another thread, suggests that the phone isn't connected to a wifi network (which is is). Ignoring the 'weird' IP address and clicking on the 'Start' button still brings up the 'Waiting for connections' message with no connection recognised..

I don't know if any of this helps?!

Chris

Upvote 0

ptp170

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved.

I ran Wireshark to try and establish what was happening. I noticed that the PC was unable to retrieve the MAC address of the phone as Wireshark was continously asking 'Who has 192.168.0.80 Tell 192.168.0.100'

After scrambling around and rebooting my Netgear Router everything worked perfectly!

Thanks for the help along the way :D

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

Chris

Upvote 0