Share My Creation Project Ryu - Bulldozer Engine Tech Demo

PROJECT'S CURRENT STATUS:
- I'm working on a SQLite integration with the engine, so that everything loads from a local database. Textures, Stats, Levels, AI, Moves, Sprites, etc.

project-ryu.png
Hi everyone!!

I'm currently developing a fighting game / beat'em'up engine called "Bulldozer Engine".
My goal is to build games like Streets Of Rage, Final Fight or Street Fighter with great responsiveness and speed. I love fighting games, namely those made in Japan.

Download the latest version: September 2nd 2015
Want to run it on Google Chrome? See this post!

promo.png

Concept Art

game-screens.png

Actual Screenshots

Under the influence of Capcom, SNK and Team Ninja, I decided to create this small tech-demo. There's a lot of copyright infringement here, so this app isn't going anywhere near Google Play. There are only three stages, selected randomly. Once you defeat your opponents you win the game.

Download the latest version - September 2nd 2015
Want to run it on Google Chrome? See this post!

Controls:
help.png

Tested on:
  • PC Win7 64-Bit: Google Chrome ARC Welder
  • PC Win7 64-Bit: Andy Emulator
  • PC Win7 64-Bit: Bluestacks Emulator
  • PC Win7 32-Bit: Google Chrome ARC Welder
  • PC Win7 32-Bit: Andy Emulator
  • Tablet nVidia Shield
  • Tablet ASUS ME173x
  • Phone Sony Xperia P
Color indicates stress-test performance. Code optimization is always a work-in-progress.

Features:

• Context-Sensitive Sprite Animator
  • Several Animation Layers
  • Dynamic Stereo Sound FX
  • In-House Collision Detector
  • In-House Physics Engine
  • In-House SlideShow Engine
  • Ergonomic Touch Controls
  • Native USB/Bluetooth GamePad Support
  • Native USB/Bluetooth Keyboard Support
  • OpenGL Rendering through LibGDX

Known Issues:

• Currently none.
Please let me know if you find any bugs or issues.
Remember, this is not a finished product.

Technical Details:

I decided to embrace the challenge of creating a game engine from scratch. Except for the rendering part, which is beautifully handled by libGDX, I created all the remaining components, such as the sprite animator, collision detector and physics engine.
I have to say, I'm quite proud of what I accomplished so far. :D

Finally, I have to thank @Informatix for his libGDX support and game tutorials, @walterf25 for his encouragement and of course @Erel for all his tutorials, dedication to this forum and for creating B4A.

Thank you for your support, guys! :D

FAIR USE STATEMENT: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this non-profit demo uses copyrighted materials intended for evaluation and educational purposes only.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 2,420
Last edited:

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this is great but the game speed and reaction is too quick
Thank you so much! :)

This version is built as a "stress test" to the engine.
The AI, Speed and Reaction Time are currently maxed out in order to test my algorithm's limits.
Once I have the final product ready, the difficulty settings will be severely toned down, at least for the first few levels... ;)

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
>>>>>>>>>>>> MAJOR UPDATE <<<<<<<<<<<<<

As part of the main engine, I've created a Slide Show engine which is basically "PowerPoint" running in LibGDX.
The SlideShow is stored in a SQLite table, easily editable. Here's some development screenshots and a video demo (please select 1080p).

Download newest version here!

The SlideShow engine is used for Intro Screen, Pause Screen, Win Screen, and KO Screen.

dev2.png

This is how a SlideShow looks in SQLite.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
aren't you having a risk that stuff might not run in the right order?

you only have a last_slide value.

I would replace that with a play order field.

if you hit the max record count of the recordset you know it's the last one anyway.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
aren't you having a risk that stuff might not run in the right order?

you only have a last_slide value.

I would replace that with a play order field.

if you hit the max record count of the recordset you know it's the last one anyway.
Some of the fields are in "concept mode" yet, so don't worry about the names. As you suggested, I might replace them later on.

Everything runs in perfect order, I'll send you an example... ;)

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It runs smooth in chrome, it's briliant, i can even test my own apps il chrome now.
Thank you.
Yes you can! Only remember to install the ARC-Welder Chrome extension. It's not on the store, you'll have to google it. :)