Other Promoting B4J - What do you think?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
While there are many programming language available today, including free tools, there aren't many quality RAD (rapid application development) tools.
As I see it, B4J, especially after the latest update which adds an internal designer, is a good candidate to to be a very popular programming language / tool. I think of it as a modern VB6. A tool to get the job done.
It can also be a good choice for teaching programming.

How can we better promote B4J? What do you think?
 

MicroDrie

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It might be a good idea to add an introductory page that gives visitors an overview of what is available and the best way to start using B4X—sort of like an internal wiki.
 
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in my opinion the best way to promote b4j is to make many apps/games tutorial and upload to youtube or any other platform.
b4j needs exposure. b4j is very powerful for making servers, desktop applications (jPOI, PyBridge, SQL,...) and also games (box2d).

if everyone here will upload only 1 tutorial to youtube b4j will get the exposure it needs and many will try it.
as far as i understand the other advantage of it is that it is not depended by big companies that change every few month something in their OS that
breaks your apps like Apple and Google. I have many b4j apps i made few years ago that still run fine not like ios and android apps that i always need to maintain and make sure they run correctly which is a PITA.

EDIT: so who is ready for his contribution to Anywhere Software?!

all you need to do is create a nice App/Game -> Upload to Youtube -> upload the project to Github
 
Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
For me it's all about servers and scaleability. We use the full B4x suite, but for me B4J is my guilty pleasure. I think Anywhere Software needs to expand the number of libriaries it can offer(hire more staff), I know that B4J SIP would be a winner and as a commerical entity I would have no problem in paying for it. Anyway back to work ....
 
Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For one moment thought that Erel made new changes adding a new AI ide and website creating web apps in secs 😉

then i saw microdrie ilan and and Jmu add posrs to an old thread.... and wake me up from cloud sleep..

I think that b4j is the best and generally b4x is great... but need to follow and why not be in front of others... with the help of AI services...

I am sure that Erel watch the thread, listening ideas and soon will have big news ! He is an open mind and he never stopped to work and think...

but hey @Erel dont forget us... we are here to help... with work but also with carrying the Gold...
 
Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For me it's all about servers and scaleability. We use the full B4x suite, but for me B4J is my guilty pleasure. I think Anywhere Software needs to expand the number of libriaries it can offer(hire more staff), I know that B4J SIP would be a winner and as a commerical entity I would have no problem in paying for it. Anyway back to work ....
b4j sip ... i have something for it
 
Upvote 0
Top