iOS Question Push Notifications for iOS (Help!)

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

would it be possible for someone cleverer than I to post a step by step guide on how to get push notifications working. I have tried following the steps in the setting up the certificates, and the apple side of things, I have managed to get my device token, but the PushServer software I have compiled (in B4J) and have running as a java app doesn't seem to connect I get error messages that others are seeing. I know in Erel's post on the matter he said you had to be patient, and I have been, but I think there has to be some easy steps to follow that will ensure success.

any and all help appreciated as I am sure others would find it useful too.

many thanks

Darren

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok will try again, but these were with newly created keys, once I get this working and compiled, I take it I need to run the PushServer in Java and leave it alone and running, and I need to make my application always point to the push server to send it the device tokens from the user that have my app installed? then assume the PushServer stores all the device tokens so when I send a message it goes to all the users of my installed application?

Upvote 0

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cool, thanks for the clarification, guess I just need to crack the first bit, have apple accept the connection, feel like I can at least stop banging my head against the wall for now, I was starting to get a lump!

Upvote 0