Quiz: find the new feature :)

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
my... i am getting paranoic, i thought such feature already existed.

i used to write code and usually the IDE gave me the right autocompletion... that or i was very lucky!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Stop! You are O.T. ! Let do it to me :D

I would like to know if, among the many pending "wishes", there are also "important" things that can improve enough b4a and make it even more "desirable".

[I have a list of my old "wishes" :)]

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyway, I was talking about b4a in general, not about IDE
Ah OK. Anywhere is lucky so to have a captive client for 10 years from now... Feel free yo post in the right section (it's free and does not cost). So we could bet on the availabilities :p

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to know if, among the many pending "wishes", there are also "important" things that can improve enough b4a and make it even more "desirable".
This is a very important feature. The "implicit" autocomplete is a great feature and this improvements makes it significantly better.
As a general rule it is a mistake and also meaningless to compare a new implemented feature to an unrelated feature request.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe I should stop writing posts
Nooooope. You have to acknowledge considering important what important is for Sir Uziel, not for yo :D
You signed for 10 years, remember :cool:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Who can find it?
The IDE knows where the cursor is and only allow commands which are allowed at this line of code. (Scope?)
In the sample it does not allow a definition of a private variable. Only Private Sub is available at this point so the ide only suggests PrivateSub in the contextmenu....

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the sample it does not allow a definition of a private variable. Only Private Sub is available at this point so the ide only suggests PrivateSub in the contextmenu....
You are correct that the IDE could have limited the choices in this case based on the context. However this feature is a bit different. It is based on the recent choices the developer made.

GGSoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most (Recently | Frecuently) used item preselected?

My guess.

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any way to turn this off? Ever since B4J V5.82 came out, it's frequently wrong in choosing. It makes for very frustrating coding. The way auto-complete worked before worked quite well.