Android Question Rapid Debugger Issues

nibbo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it just me or is anyone else struggling with the rapid debugger in the latest version of B4A?
This is while using the B4A Bridge for testing, not sure if it happens for hardwired testing.

I can get any of the following behaviours...

Compile and run says 'completed successfully' but the app does not launch on the connected device.
Device shows as connected via B4A Bridge (A and little tick in notification bar) but compile and run says not device connected.
layout changes not always reflected in deployed app.

I often have to Clean the project, disconnect and reconnect devices and, albeit rarely, I had to exit B4A and restart it.

No biggy but just slowing me down a bit; anyone else having these issues?

B4A version 8.80, Bridge version 2.54.

Thanks

nibbo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the designer open on the device while you run the app?

Are you sure that it is not a network problem? In some cases turning airplane mode on and off can solve some network problems.

Hi Erel

Pretty sure its not network, we have good speed and good quality connections everywhere in my office.

This happens on all devices that I use, so mobiles, tablets and PDA handhelds.
I can't recall if I always had the designer open or not at the time so I will try to remember to check and keep a mental note whenever it happens.
FYI this has definitely only started happening since v8.80 it was always very reliable before.

Another trait which is a bit different too is the ability to run a debug version when not connected to the IDE.
We used to be able too but the latest version again wont run the code unless the IDE is running and connected.
It was handy to be able to run the debug version so I could demo apps that were still in the development stages.

Thanks

Upvote 0

nibbo

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no problem with running your app in release mode during development.
No, its just that the CEO sometimes pops by and wants to see how things are progressing (usually when I am working on something else) and the last deployment was a debug version. It just means that I have to start the project and redeploy it while he is stood next to me.
Again no big problem it was just handy to be able to run the debug version.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oooh, that's why we should write apps for iOS...less features more money!
How much would they pay for an app that just sports a single "Turn me off" button? :)

Upvote 0