Android Question Rapid Debugger V8.50 shut down on any program bug

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I am under Win 10 pro, B4A V8.50 and Android 7.0.
Is it normal that in Debug mode, the debugger exits directly the app on any error in the program(out of bound, conversion error, etc) without any error message on the Phone ?
The old debuggers in the old B4A versions worked fine.

I see that B4A V9.30 is just released. Do i have to buy it if i want to solve this problem ?

Thank you for your advices.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the debugger continue to work (and the app) in the past?
I guess it stopps when your app run into an Exception (the app crashes! I don´t see how the app can run further. Even the debugger.)

Get the error from the log, adapt your code to fix the problem and run the app again.

I for myself use the debugger very rare.

I usually compile in Releasemode.

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the debugger continue to work (and the app) in the past?
I guess it stopps when your app run into an Exception (the app crashes! I don´t see how the app can run further. Even the debugger.)

Get the error from the log, adapt your code to fix the problem and run the app again.

I for myself use the debugger very rare.

I usually compile in Releasemode.

In the past, on a program error the debugger stayed active to allow to inspect some variable values.
Now it disappears.
You are right, with some toastmessages we can ignore the use of debugger.
In my case, as i read many records sometime bads from the net by ftp, it would be useful to see directly the values instead of modifying the code...

But maybe the debugger has no problem in V9.30.

Thanks for your answer.

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the expected behavior. The app should crash when there is an unhandled exception. The stack trace should show in the logs.
Effectively, the stack trace show in the log.
However it would be very useful to have the possibility to inspect some variables with the debugger stopped on a statement. In my case it disappears.
Do you think that in B4A V9.30 i will have this possibility ?
Thank you for your answer.

Upvote 0