Android Question RDC to MS SQL Server

Thomas Myers

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am new to B4A and trying to piece together what I need to create a remote connection to my MS SQL Server.

I have downloaded and unzipped RDC-Client on my PC. I have installed Java 8 Update 45 on my SQL Server in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45.

I have downloaded and unzipped both jtds and Microsoft JDBC drivers on my SQL server. The following were copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45\lib: jtds-1.3.1.jar, sqljdbc.jar, sqljdbc4.jar and sqljdbc41.jar. Recommendations on which driver to use would be appreciated.

I have added CLASSPATH as a system variable with this value: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45\lib.

There are two items mentioned in other threads that I have not been able to locate: RunRLC.bat and RDC-Server.zip.

Am I started in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Law

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Thomas, just completed a similar project myself. Use the search facility to look for MariaDB connector. I found it simple to use and very fast.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
"my SQL Server" is not "MySQL server"

But thank you anyway to pointing him to my Library. If he ever need to connect to MySQL then he now know a good library
Thanks for the link and library, I'll try this shortly

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the post, I know that this is not an SQL forum but I'm not a member of any SQL forums and I'm sure that I read in a post on this forum that SQLite is basically a single user platform, only one user access at a time, can anybody please confirm whether I read the post correctly, it was a while ago

Regards

Upvote 0

Thomas Myers

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your posts. I was finally able to work through this and am able to use my android devices to query my corporate MS SQL Server remotely using the DBRequestManager class.

Upvote 0

Eduardo Bardales

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thomas can you helpme please with any sample, i can connect from my htc phone to my database made in sql server in my pc. I need send records from my htc to my computer. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…