Android Question RDC to MS SQL Server

Thomas Myers

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am new to B4A and trying to piece together what I need to create a remote connection to my MS SQL Server.

I have downloaded and unzipped RDC-Client on my PC. I have installed Java 8 Update 45 on my SQL Server in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45.

I have downloaded and unzipped both jtds and Microsoft JDBC drivers on my SQL server. The following were copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45\lib: jtds-1.3.1.jar, sqljdbc.jar, sqljdbc4.jar and sqljdbc41.jar. Recommendations on which driver to use would be appreciated.

I have added CLASSPATH as a system variable with this value: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45\lib.

There are two items mentioned in other threads that I have not been able to locate: RunRLC.bat and RDC-Server.zip.

Am I started in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Law

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Thomas, just completed a similar project myself. Use the search facility to look for MariaDB connector. I found it simple to use and very fast.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
"my SQL Server" is not "MySQL server" :)

But thank you anyway to pointing him to my Library. If he ever need to connect to MySQL then he now know a good library :)
Thanks for the link and library, I'll try this shortly

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the post, I know that this is not an SQL forum but I'm not a member of any SQL forums and I'm sure that I read in a post on this forum that SQLite is basically a single user platform, only one user access at a time, can anybody please confirm whether I read the post correctly, it was a while ago

Regards

Upvote 0

Thomas Myers

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your posts. I was finally able to work through this and am able to use my android devices to query my corporate MS SQL Server remotely using the DBRequestManager class.

Upvote 0

Eduardo Bardales

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thomas can you helpme please with any sample, i can connect from my htc phone to my database made in sql server in my pc. I need send records from my htc to my computer. Thanks.

Upvote 0