Android Question Really working on Android mapping systems, for beginners

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
In this forum, many examples of cartographic information have been discussed. But I can not choose the option that meets my requirements.
1. Ease of embedding code into the Android application.
2. Ability to set the coordinates of the center of the map and the scale of the map display
3. Displaying a group of markers or drawings on the map.
4. Minimal effort to register an API key.
5. If possible, no payment for the use of the mapping system.
I tried the previously published examples using Google and Open Street Map, but they give an error, probably because Android versions change and the API functionality itself changes. Therefore, who can advise a really working example on the latest versions of Android and on the latest versions of B4X. Previously, I created an application using Google maps using a class, but now it only displays a developer-only label on the screen.

Sailboat11

Licensed User
OK, that is interesting.
Wonder how it compares to the usual way to handle maps, that is with tiles.

RBS
I'm not sure. I always do it the easy way for me. What I have been doing recently is no map at all. Just a track, speed and distance for some applications. You can use a generic coordinate system with the same degree and minute and only use the seconds for input data. That means that every location west of GMT will work. It only covers a small area.

Upvote 0