Android Tutorial B4A Beginners Guide

adex1

Licensed User
All the code projects supplied with the Beginner's Guide and the User's Guide are example codes to illustrate different subjects.
All Basic4Android users can use them and modify them to their needs.
I don't think it would be really useful to put these onto GIT HUB nor Code.google which are hudge containers.
I'm sure that it is easier to search for a specific code in this forum rather than in much more generaland big forums.
That's the reason why the Code Snippets subforum was created.
You are right I was just trying to populate the B4A. Any thanks

neri pongos

thank you for having this basic pdf tutorial i really need it badly, i cry just tonight because my teacher gave me an android project for thesis, thinking im going to make it to an eclipse ide and i cant imagine it .. thanks i found basicforandroid :)

RonC.

Licensed User
I don't know if this was mentioned before (tried to do a forum search), but on the top of page 43 of the PDF it states "Click on pnlKeyboard", I think it should read "Click on btnAction" and then change that Parent to pnlKeyboard. I'm new, but that was the only way I could get the same results...

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
You are right the text is not really clear.
The text has been changed for the next edition.

Thank you and best regards.

RonC.

Licensed User
Found some more minor edits in Beginner's Guide. BTW, thanks for all the great work!

Part 3: Second Program

Page 49 - Image shows 5 occurrence(s) replaced ... When I did the example: 3 occurrence(s) replaced
Page 52 - Changed all the names from btnSender to Send without mentioning...​

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Page 49 - Image shows 5 occurrence(s) replaced ... When I did the example: 3 occurrence(s) replaced
Looking at MyFirstProgram there are 5 occurences,which will be replaced.
Page 52 - Changed all the names from btnSender to Send without mentioning...
Changed for the next edition.

Best regards and thank you.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
A new edition of the Beginner's Guide Edition 2.8 is available.
Updated for B4A Version 3.50

SACERDAVE

Page 112
5.4.1.5 Scaling strategy
[...]
This is done with SetTopAndButton and SetLeftAndRight methods.

I think it should be SetTopAndBottom, as written some line after

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
A new edition of the Beginner's Guide Edition 2.9 is available.
Updated for B4A Version 3.80

joedarock

Licensed User
Klaus

What is the difference between the User's Guide and the Beginner's Guide? If I want a thorough printed documentation set, which one(s) should I print?

Joe

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
The Beginner's Guide contains more basic documentation and the User's Guide more advanced documentation.
Beginner's Guide > tome 1
User's Guide > tome 2
Look at the tables of content to see the differences.

Fergus Cheng

Licensed User
Thanks very much with the Beginner's Guide, I used it to write my first successful program.

Is there any plan updating a new version to address the change on B4A V.5.02(1)? Thanks.