B4J Question {Resovled}[BANanoVuetifyAD3] Modify Marker, Title and Popup in VLeaflet

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
My web project used VLeaflet in BANanoVuetifyAD3 library
i created marker witth small picture test.png:
MyLeaflet.AddMarkerIcon("mk0","Test Title 0",lat0,lng0,"./assets/test.png",30,30,15,15)
MyLeaflet.SetPopUp("mk0", "Test Popup 0")
Now, i want to:
- Rotate marker with test.png icon (https://github.com/bbecquet/Leaflet.RotatedMarker)
- Display title and popup by multi lines
- Display bold the firt line in title and popup
Could you please help me
I'm waiting for you
Thank you very much

Last edited:

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
Hi

Please note. BVAD3 is built using VueJS. The leaflet lib being used is also based on VueJS, so you just cannot use a plug a play approach of any JS library in this case.
The marker for rotation that you need to use should be VueJS based and all plugins that you need to use should be VueJS based.

I have not been ignoring you, one of the challenges we have in our country is very terrible electricity cuts, so I have to prioritize between open source and projects that bring food to the table for my kids. My main source of any income is SithasoDaisy right now.

I need to use https://github.com/mudin/vue2-leaflet-rotatedmarker for your use case. Currently this is the issue I am facing when I added the VueJS library today.
I needed to study how it works and whether it can work with the current BVAD3 VueLeafLet library.

View attachment 140355

I am curious though, you seem to use images for your markers. Why dont you just create the images you want, rotate and save them the way you want and just add a marker using the rotated image? That could be an easier alternative.

I will investigate further how I make this work so long, however the bold section above could be your best approach and far more easier, of course depending on how many images you want to rotate.

It does not work and will never work as per your question you posted here because this an apple vs an orange use case for this VueLeaflet library.

I don't mean you leave out BANanoVuetifyAD3 users like me, I know you're busy. I mean I don't think integrating new leaflet plugins into BANanoVuetifyAD3 is that difficult (Because I see you already integrated vue2-leaflet.min.js plugin). I also do a free Web-App to support fishermen in Vietnam, so I don't have much money, but if you help us with the above, I will send a small fee of $50 to contribute to the money electricity with you. Thank you very much for your great work for the B4J community

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let me clarify also. What happens is that our government tells that between 06-09 hours, there will be an electric cut. We as citizens dont have any control over this and the time schedules can be 3 times per day and any time our government decides.

You wake up each day and have to check what might happen. At times even with the schedule they give us, they dont stick to it at times and at times they say 14-16 hours and the electricity only comes back at 19 hours. Its very bad and affecting our lives negatively. And when there is no electricity, there is also no internet access in most cases. Let's not talk about the spoilt food.

I am currently looking at these portable power stations that I know I can charge so that I can have my laptop working the whole day. What is happening now creates so much delays and screws plans and is affecting our livelihoods very badly.

I never mean to delay in offering help and in most cases I dont expect anything in return, thus the many tools and things I have made available freely in the forum. Its a pleasure for me.

Thanks for understanding.

PS:

I mean I don't think integrating new leaflet plugins into BANanoVuetifyAD3 is that difficult (Because I see you already integrated vue2-leaflet.min.js plugin)

Please remember that the plugins and other thing are written by people who follow their methodologies different from the original writer. So yes, the time it takes to intergrate a library depends also on what 1). I have to learn how that JS library works and 2. Plan how to intergrate it to an existing code structure, 3. Code the custom view, 4. Test and debug it until it works.

Now on top of that BANano was never built for BVAD3 use cases at all, so at times I have to ask for help to make things work, because in most cases, they just dont work and I give up and look for an alternative. Its really not easy as it looks at all. Believe me.

That is why I am asking of you could for now create the different rotated images you will use and use those in your markers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
NB: This will not work with BVAD3 - library built for NodeJS

I have studied the example here.

This example is built for NodeJS and will not work in BVAD3 out of the box. There was a request from one developer for its creator to make available a CDN version which could work via the script tag, sadly this was not honoured, this was back in 2019.

Installing NodeJS and then following the example as is, it seems to deliver on the promise.

m.gif

To make the code work for BVAD3 currently is out of my scope. I think the best option is just use different rotated images for your markers. If there was a way to make Banano work with NodeJS, perhaps it could be possible. For now, the only way to do imports in BANano is of the module is in your assets folder.

Unless there have been new developments. The problem is that this library is built to work with NodeJS.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please, you need to stop posting multiple questions about the same issue across the forum. It does not help anyone and will create a confusion for other users.

You need to delete the other threads you created about this same issue which never got any response.

I am seeing that behavior and im realizing that, this issue is now getting out of hand, let me attend to it once and for all.

I have kindly requested that you refrain from doing that before, please listen this time around.

I sometimes receive donations from people who have never asked me anything about anything. They would just say, thank you for your work in the forum, keep it up. Some i have also learned they are not even using my products. I am always humbled by their acts of kindness

Whilst you have never donated anything before to me, (i stand to be corrected), i appreciate the gesture you showed of wanting to donate something out of your own free will to support my work. God bless you for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0