Android Example Responsive Chat Example

Hi All.
I made this example for a chatbot app here on brasil and now i want to share it here.

chatclv.jpg

This example use xCLV and IME lib (Already in B4A).
The messages fit both vertically and horizontally, making them fully responsive.

Note: The text field expands according to the text size.
Note2: When you are typing text the sound icon changes to the send icon, as in whatsapp.

You can download it here....

Download Here

Thanks!

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes. Unfortunately using spanish comments/variables... Unlikely for me to use it. I do not speak spanish/portuguese.
Hi.

I'm very bad at English, I've had problems here on the forum using words that seemed correct to me and to others seemed offensive.

I work in Brazil, this example was already ready and posted on my site, as I have no time, could not translate to another language.

But there are many Brazilians who understand Portuguese and English here in the forum, maybe someone with a good heart can do the translation work of this example, it would be great.

Have a nice day :)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After all, it is the code that is important.
Agree fully.
For beginners like me, these selfless contribution from members are invaluable. They have and are helping us a lot to learn B4A and also Java.

To check, I translated "chat.b4a" file from Portuguese to English and Google did a very good job in translating variable names and comments. So I see there is no problem in it.

In another forum, we do not have separate language threads, but we seek and give solution in our own language along with English translation text. So language is no barrier in today's world.

2019-11-01_153956.png

Regards,

Anand

Indic Software

Licensed User
Hi.

I'm very bad at English, I've had problems here on the forum using words that seemed correct to me and to others seemed offensive.

I work in Brazil, this example was already ready and posted on my site, as I have no time, could not translate to another language.

But there are many Brazilians who understand Portuguese and English here in the forum, maybe someone with a good heart can do the translation work of this example, it would be great.

Have a nice day :)
Please use DeepLearning to translating your messages in English and visa versa.

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
AnaAndGupta, any chance you can post your English version?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AnaAndGupta, any chance you can post your English version?
100% chance :)

It is work of Douglas and I just did google translation. Here it is attached "chat_en.b4a". See the comparison image below for an idea.

2019-11-06_230820.png

Please note that we can not just use the translated version in b4a as all variable, class, library names are translated and will give error. Best is to read the English version to understand the concept and change the string constant one by one in the original and check. I follow this step.

Regards,

Anand

Attachments

• chat_en.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 739

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks!
It has a lot of translation errors, but the English names are usable for the most part.
I appreciate your help!
Rusty

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, what does this part do?

B4X:
If (i > (FirstIndex - ExtraSize)) And (i < (LastIndex + ExtraSize)) Then
     If p.NumberOfViews = 0 Then
          ' ... layout customization ...
     EndIf
Else