iOS Question Restricted Area allowed in iOs?

sergiones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I sent my B4I App to Apple Store, the "Review Team" sent me an e-mail with a lot of questions most of all about being a restricted app, how new users can obtain and things like that.

That's the problem, the App is free but is for our customers only. The first screen is a login page. We are a consulting economics company, we don't sell the contents that will be available for logged users. These contents is part of the results of a consulting sell. The make the consulting thing and we deliver some files and texts on App, that's it.

The problem is that I'm afraid Apple may take it like "an outside sell". We will not to sell these contents, we sell the consulting.

My first idea was to make an initial screen with usefull informations about economics, so that all users on Apple Stores may use it. But only users with login may access the relative contents.

Can someone please point out a direction? Does Apple allow restricted access on Apps? Is yes, do I need to give public content before it?

Thank you very much!

(As always, B4X, B4i and B4J ROCKS!!!)

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a place on the submit page to add notes for the reviewer to read. Use that wisely :)

Upvote 0

sergiones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Mike.

I gave all the instructions to them, including an username to test. The point is about having a login panel for our customers. Do you know if Apple allows it?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course they allow. I have many apps that opens with a login page. But it must be logical, you cant just make oeople register without offering . For example a game that requires an account creation is not a problem but if you offer financial info for example like exchange rates and need a registration before showing the info that is a problem

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, they do allow it though they may ask specific questions about your app before it is approved.

Upvote 0

sergiones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tufanv, I think I didn't got it.

Let me put this in two scenarios:

Scenario 1
My first screen has financial information for free. You don't need to register.
At this first screen we plain to put a link to the login screen. This login may not be accessed for all users, only our customers.

Scenario 2
My first screen has a login page and everyone has to login.
If the login is identified as a customer login, we show customer information else we show financial information.

If scenario 1 is not allowed can I use scenario 2?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Sergiones ,

Scenario 1 is most likely to be accepted easier than scenario 2. But with apple , efverything is possible try what you want to do first if it gets rejected for 2-3 times change to other scenario.
I would go with scenario 1 first.
Tufanv, I think I didn't got it.

Let me put this in two scenarios:

Scenario 1
My first screen has financial information for free. You don't need to register.
At this first screen we plain to put a link to the login screen. This login may not be accessed for all users, only our customers.

Scenario 2
My first screen has a login page and everyone has to login.
If the login is identified as a customer login, we show customer information else we show financial information.

If scenario 1 is not allowed can I use scenario 2?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

sergiones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok guys, for those who has the same question. I sent the app with the restricted screen and it was approved. So, even if only our customers are able to access the app, and no "free content" are available for other users, Apple approved it anyway.

Thanks guys for all your help.

Upvote 0