Reward Those Valuable Contributors To B4A (with money)

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems to work in the Preview - but old posts don't get the new signature added?

Or did it not actually work after the preview - i'll find out when i hit send in a minute!

Here's the code:

PHP:
Want to show some appreciation for my time?
Buy me a beer!
[url=EMAIL LINK HERE]
[img]URL TO DONATE BUTTON IMAGE HERE[/img]
[/url]

Martin.

(It works)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My Porto Glass and Bottle work fine! Redirecting to paypal's page!

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried detonating to you :p
Tell me if it worked.
It redirects me to Google Maps API Projects

Detonating or donating LOL!
Anyway a generous benefactor [name removed] has been my first donator :sign0098: - is that you desolatesole?
(I'll have to remove that redirect to my maps site).

Martin.

[edit]A quick Google shows a [name removed] from Watford so it must be you thanks a lot[/edit]

Last edited:

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
LOL...so much for privacy, thank you GOOGLE!!! no more anonymous good deeds from me now :p
suddenly the google searches for my name have SHoT up!

anyway, that generous donation was only for test purposes...i want it BACK! just kidding, LOL...but when I use more of your stuff I will donate properly :)

btw...im thinking of setting a standard rate of £1/word for Erel's replies (since his words weigh so much!) and £0.50/word for others (especially warwound you posts are too long!)

Last edited:

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can edit your name from my post if you want me to and you'd have to edit your name from your post.

Some others posters i think mentioned my long posts - 'the verbose warwound' is one i liked and remember!

Tis sitting here on my PC in the early hours with little to do but catch on my my various favorite forums.

Martin.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can edit your name from my post if you want me to and you'd have to edit your name from your post.

Some others posters i think mentioned my long posts - 'the verbose warwound' is one i liked and remember!

Tis sitting here on my PC in the early hours with little to do but catch on my my various favorite forums.

Martin.

LOL no need to edit it...its just my first coming out :p
verbose warwound, nice one...we will certainly come up with more in the chat room :p
you are indeed an asset to this community...write some more libs when you get bored :sign0188:

btw...another way to show gratitude to helpers might be to buy their apps and rate them well and promote them...that might go a bit further than donations

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
LOL...so much for privacy, thank you GOOGLE!!! no more anonymous good deeds from me now :p
suddenly the google searches for my name have SHoT up!

anyway, that generous donation was only for test purposes...i want it BACK! just kidding, LOL...but when I use more of your stuff I will donate properly :)

btw...im thinking of setting a standard rate of £1/word for Erel's replies (since his words weigh so much!) and £0.50/word for others (especially warwound you posts are too long!)

You've some need to talk about privacy, lol

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not really contributed much, but I hope to in the future so I thought I'd try to get the link up and working whilst the subject is fresh. I agree with the others on this. As a hopeful contributor I wouldn't expect anybody to feel they have to pay or donate anything. The libraries, samples and code snippets provided by users are there for the taking.

I fact, I'm not sure I will leave this link on as I'm starting to think it is contradicting to this view.

EDIT: Removed....

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
LOL the forum is gonna be littered with Paypal Donate buttons.

With so many original thinking brains in the forum, why should I be the only with a non-standart donation button???

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - STOP this thread.

Upon refection (and the many posts), I realize I was wrong in my guilt rumination.

Survey says that we are all good people (and may be) looking for some deserving scatch these days ( and who could not use some additional scratch?). It seems that those who can scratch the backs of those who need back scatching, shall be rewarded (through contract).

I truely admire all you folks who selflessly, time after time, contribute to our cause - expecting (essentially) nothing in return.

What I see is that anyone of us is free to call upon anyone else who has particular skills and ask for (paid) development. The longer I review all posts, the more familiar I become with persons of interest.

I guess, the initial point I was trying to make (in the wake of everyone chiming in) is that I am willing to contribute for effort that further enhances a lib that lacks (my) percieved functionality. Like - if I need it -and it takes the original developer time to create it - (work out something).

Again, everyone has been so perceptive.

Erels' (and our) community - as I have come to recognize is filled with wiilling free contributors and others wishing to seek out a living (as I). If somene demands purchase, and it is of value to my project - then I shall pay. If someone posts a contribution, and I use their work and feel it is worthy, than I shall contribute.

When we get down to it, it is a numbers game. All of us have the potential of attracting large numbers in the right segment. Today is just the beginning....

Thanks

Harris