iOS Question RSA support in B4i

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Having just implemented some stuff using RSA encryption and signing in my back end API, and in a B4A app that uses it, I'm hoping to add similar to the iOS app. However, on looking, it seems that RSA support on B4i is rather more limited. The main support seems to be the iRSA library, but that doesn't support 2048 bit keys, and nor does it have a signing function. There are some excellent posts by KMatie and others that explain how to do things on B4A, but it looks like there's nothing yet truly cross-platform.

Have I missed anything? If there's no support for 2048 bit keys, I can probably switch to 1024, or just use a shorter key for iPhone users. But not being able to sign means rethinking a fair bit of how some stuff will have to work, and not being able to generate public & private keys on the device would be irksome too.

Nigel

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, that does look like it would cover everything I need, and probably most other people's crypto requirements. And indeed, who will wrap?

It's so long ago that I studied Computing Science at Uni that C wasn't even taught back then (Modula 2 and Prolog, anyone?); in the 30+ years since I've managed to avoid it, and Objective C just looks even more horrible. So I guess my iPhone users will miss out on a few features until a handome knight arrives bearing wrappers ;-)

Upvote 0