Share My Creation Salami!

Hello world of B4X!
Many years ago (about 30) I wrote a simple game using Visual Basic, to play together with my son and to teach him a little about programming.
The two players shared the same keyboard and mouse on a personal computer. It was just to play between us.
Last year, after retirement, I discovered B4A. I found it EXCELLENT and decided to attempt to make an App out of the old game.
Just reading some posts and the guides of Erel, and downloading some sample code, everything was easy and fun.
Now the App is (...almost) ready, not yet on Google Play Store, but I like to share with all the people of this community.
The App and its manual, in Italian or English, can be downloaded from www.programmidelcoccodrillo.it
sal2.jpg

You can play against the App or another player, on the same device or on a LAN or on Internet.
Or...you can watch the App playing against itself.
It is very simple in comparison of many other games, but I hope you'll have fun!
Giovanni_C

Giovanni_C

Licensed User
the registration requirement for the download from the website is annoying
The website is quite "primitive", I know, but it is my first one.
What do you suggest to optimize it?
I will not invest much time on it because the app will go to Google play store.

Last edited:

Giovanni_C

Licensed User
Buongiorno a Luca e Gianni !
No offense, in the far 60s the name of the game was just salami for all us children :)
....and, to giannimaione, good deduction (or inference?...) 😁

Last edited:

Giovanni_C

Licensed User
the registration requirement for the download from the website is annoying
The registration is needed to play on internet.
It is also needed to be fully compliant with some aspects of the regulations about privacy (like the EU-GDPR).
When the game will be on Google Play Store it will be possible to download it without having to register, but playing on internet will need a registration anyway.
For everyone is curious about the game but doesn't want to register I attach here a copy of the manual, in English and Italian:

Attachments

• Why_Salami.pdf
    487.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Perché_Salami.pdf
    476.1 KB · Views: 80

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
The registration is needed to play on internet.
It is also needed to be fully compliant with some aspects of the regulations about privacy (like the EU-GDPR).
When the game will be on Google Play Store it will be possible to download it without having to register, but playing on internet will need a registration anyway.
For everyone is curious about the game but doesn't want to register I attach here a copy of the manual, in English and Italian:

"..is needed.." from who?

"..some aspects of the regulations.."
if the app does not collect personal data, what regulations are you writing about?

Giovanni_C

Licensed User
"..is needed.." from who?

"..some aspects of the regulations.."
if the app does not collect personal data, what regulations are you writing about?
dear amorosik, I have seen that the climate on b4x forum is quite friendly and gentle, so I don't understand your statements. And, I answered Alessandro 71, not you.
Anyway, this time I answer but I will not return again on this subject:
1) "..is needed.." from who? --> is needed by me, I am the owner of the domain that makes the app available, I am the owner of the patent and of all the intellectual properties of the program, and I dont't like that people enters my home without introducing themselves. Furthermore, an app that allows people to play over the internet should be "moderated" in same ways, and a unique identifier is needed for each user in order to ban a user that doesn't respect the rules; in a near future the app will allow messaging between two players: have you ever seen a messaging system that doesn't request authentication?
2) if the app does not collect personal data, what regulations are you writing about? --> the registration does collects personal data; up to now you can enter with fake data because there is no control, but I assume that honest people will enter with their real personal data. I am sure that many honest people will register with fake data, just because they are curious, and it is ok but won't be allowed in the future. If you live in the European Union you should know about GDPR.
---------------------------
I hope that I answered your questions. If not, who cares.

Last edited:

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
My observation was only in regard to the extra step needed to download the app, which discourages people (I was)
Move the registration inside the app, as it's commonly done, for online playing