Android Question Script designer issues

Victor jung

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all, I am trying to use the script designer to have a nice layout on every devices.
But I am struggling with a few things that I don't understand.
Everything is placed using script such as:
B4X:
Imageview.bottom=100%y
Always using %y and %x to be sure to work perfectly on all screens.
but even with this I dont understand why it doest work...
The layout looks like what the script wants, when I select "match chosen variant":
chosen.png

but if I select nexus 5, which is also my device, everything move:
nexus_5.png

so what am i doing wrong? Why isn't everything moving where it should?
Also when i click on the property menu, everything move again, such as I placed them manually, why?:
chosen_sans_script.png

Also I have another layout, where the script works fine, and the presentation is steady, in all the different screen format
Any help, is welcome, I am really annoyed, i sure i am missing something but what?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't rely on the Abstract Designer window to be completely accurate, you must test your layouts on devices/emulator. The Abstract Designer window will allow you to layout views, but when you click on the Designer Scripts window this will show you how those views will actually look. The designer scripts is what determines where views get placed, not the Abstract Designer window. In your first two images the ImageView1 is doing exactly what you said, bottom = 100%y
Can you post your complete designer scripts code?

Upvote 0

Victor jung

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank for the replies, how can I do with anchors if I don't want them top, bottom right left, but like 5% left only ?

Upvote 0