Android Question Scrolling label over buttons

Nitin Joshi

Licensed User
Hi, In my project, grid of buttons is generated dynamically when activity is open. I would like to scroll a label over button.

I have followed code explained in the video tutorial of dynamic controls (link below) to create gird of buttons.

The problem is...scrolling label appears behind the buttons, even i have used scrolllabel..mBase.BringToFront

Scrolling label is added (static) in designer.

How can i solve this?

Last edited:

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
The buttons will have an elevation property value of 2dip - this lifts them above the panel. Give your panel an elevation value of 4dip - that should lift it above the buttons.

Upvote 0

Nitin Joshi

Licensed User
The buttons will have an elevation property value of 2dip - this lifts them above the panel. Give your panel an elevation value of 4dip - that should lift it above the buttons.
Dear Brian,
It worked, thanks a lot.

I have set text color as white in designer, however, text color remains black in app. What could be the reason?

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have set text color as white in designer, however, text color remains black in app

This is a new question; you should start a new thread. Meanwhile, my first thought is that you have overlooked a coding error.

Upvote 0