Android Question ScrollView2D

Terradrones

Hi Everyone
Firstly a Merry Christmas to those that celebrate Christmas.
I have on one Activity, a couple of things that I am doing with coordinates:
1. Import coordinates
2. Edit\Add coordinates
3. Plot the coordinates
4. List the coordinates

With the above I am hiding and making visible certain Labels and Textboxes to suit the selection made by the User. For the "List" I am using the ScrollView2D, but it is blocking off the other Labels and Textboxes. I have tried changing the Z-Order of the ScrollView2D, making it invisible and changing the "Left" property, but nothing works. Any ideas please?

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For the "List" I am using the ScrollView2D, but it is blocking off the other Labels and Textboxes
I would stay away from a ScrollView and use a CustomListView for the list of the coordinates. It is based on scrollview and will not interfere with other views. Without seeing code,or a sample project as klaus says frequently, it is had to give a firm answer.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Without seeing what exactly you have done it is impossible to give a concrete advice.
Do you need bi-directional scrolling ?
If no, a ScrollView or a CustomListView would do it.
If yes, ScrollView2D will do it, but CustomListView not, no bi-directional scrolling.

Could you post your project as a zip file so we could have a look at it.

Upvote 0

Terradrones

Thanks Mahares and Klaus, I am using ScrollView2D and came right with it.

Another question: is there a way that I can "Dump" my Sqlite Database into the ScrollView2D? The Database consists of 5 cols: Coord name, Easting, Northing, Elevation and Description.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can do it with ScrollView2D, but it requires some work on your part. I recommend either Table Class 3.30 which has an example on coordinates in the sample
or the one I like to use B4XTable:
Both are very suitable for handling SQLIte table data with horizontal scrolling and minimal formatting on your part..

Upvote 0

Terradrones

Thank you very much Mahares, I will have a look at the Flexible Table. A long time ago I used B4PPC to write my Surveying program, but then moved my program over to Visual Studio (VB.net). Windows Mobile and Windows CE has come to an end and looking around to write my software for the Android platform, I have found that B4A is the easiest, but there is still a lot for me to learn. I have tried Kotlin, but what a nightmare!!

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have found that B4A is the easiest, but there is still a lot for me to learn
If you get stuck, there is quick assistance from the forum members. Whether you use Flexible Table or B4Xtable, if you hit a wall, just upload your database or a database lwith similar structure with fake data if confidential and I am sure you will receive help.

Upvote 0