B4A Library SD: BT Printer (Bluetooth)

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by Star-Dust, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Star-Dust

Star-Dust Expert Licensed User

The example (Post#1) has been modified to illustrate how to print characters of a different font transformed into an image

vivekgarware and DonManfred like this.
  2. vivekgarware

vivekgarware Member Licensed User

Ok..thanx a lot. I will test it and let u know.
    .....:)

3. vivekgarware

I checked your new sample1.
    1. It gives result (print) with some garbage values as shown in attachment.
    2. When I replaced your code line with mine i.e. .... Printer.AddBuffer_Bitmap(CreateImage("श्री गणेश",xui.CreateFontAwesome(16)),0)
    It converted that font into image properly & shown in preview too. But it printed blank.

Attached Files:

4. Star-Dust

1. Your printer may not be fully compatible. Or the Bluetooth connection between the device and the printer is weak and loses the connection.

2. you have to use your Fonts, CreateFontAwesone generates characters with the Font "Awesone".Use the xui.CreateFont("NAME TTF",SizeFont) command .....
    For the rest you have to do it yourself, I have the impression that you lack the basic knowledge to develop the project you have in mind.

Please do not fill out the thread with continuous requests for assistance. Open a separate thread for your requests

Filippo likes this.
  5. vivekgarware

Ok
    Sorry for trouble.
    I will try...
    I knew my mistake. Firtstly I should hv known about 'what is font awasome'. & How is it used.
    I think you hv given enough hints for me.
    I do not think i will require help further but if required a littlebit, i will ask on different thread.
    Or personally i will message you.
    Please tell there how much donation should i give for your library.
    Regards...

6. vivekgarware

Latest update:
    Issue resolved.
    Many many thanks to star-dust.
    Also many thanks to other members like erel, don manfred, ilan, klaus, moster67, lucas, somed who shown interest in my issue.

ekologi likes this.
  7. ekologi

ekologi New Member Licensed User

Hi, all.
    Just jumped to this forum try to find printing QRCodes using bluetooth printer and get stuck with the sample from https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sd-bluetooth-printer.85750/

Does anyone have same problem while compiling the sample code ?
    "Error description: Unknown member: createfontawesome" , anyone has solution or be kind to share some 'working' sample, TIA

I'm using b4a 8.5 and XUI 1.72, please help, TIA

8. Star-Dust

Copy the error exactly as it appears. so I can understand also which line gives you the error.

9. abilio486software

abilio486software Member Licensed User

How to send an ESC/POS in the library for:

- Right / left / center alignment;
    - Printer setup for Portuguese codepage

Thanks,
    Abilio

10. Star-Dust

Left ESC a 0 (Byte: 27 97 48)
    Center ESC a 1 (Byte: 27 97 49)
    Right ESC a 2 (Byte: 27 97 50)

Erel and abilio486software like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice