B4A Library SD: BT Printer Bluetooth

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The example (Post#1) has been modified to illustrate how to print characters of a different font transformed into an image

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
The example (Post#1) has been modified to illustrate how to print characters of a different font transformed into an image
I checked your new sample1.
1. It gives result (print) with some garbage values as shown in attachment.
2. When I replaced your code line with mine i.e. .... Printer.AddBuffer_Bitmap(CreateImage("श्री गणेश",xui.CreateFontAwesome(16)),0)
It converted that font into image properly & shown in preview too. But it printed blank.

Attachments

• print1.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 313

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
  1. Your printer may not be fully compatible. Or the Bluetooth connection between the device and the printer is weak and loses the connection.

2. you have to use your Fonts, CreateFontAwesone generates characters with the Font "Awesone".Use the xui.CreateFont("NAME TTF",SizeFont) command .....
For the rest you have to do it yourself, I have the impression that you lack the basic knowledge to develop the project you have in mind.

Please do not fill out the thread with continuous requests for assistance. Open a separate thread for your requests

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok
Sorry for trouble.
I will try...
I knew my mistake. Firtstly I should hv known about 'what is font awasome'. & How is it used.
I think you hv given enough hints for me.
I do not think i will require help further but if required a littlebit, i will ask on different thread.
Or personally i will message you.
Please tell there how much donation should i give for your library.
Regards...

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Latest update:
Issue resolved.
Many many thanks to star-dust.
Also many thanks to other members like erel, don manfred, ilan, klaus, moster67, lucas, somed who shown interest in my issue.

ekologi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, all.
Just jumped to this forum try to find printing QRCodes using bluetooth printer and get stuck with the sample from https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sd-bluetooth-printer.85750/

Does anyone have same problem while compiling the sample code ?
"Error description: Unknown member: createfontawesome" , anyone has solution or be kind to share some 'working' sample, TIA

I'm using b4a 8.5 and XUI 1.72, please help, TIA

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Copy the error exactly as it appears. so I can understand also which line gives you the error.

abilio486software

Licensed User
How to send an ESC/POS in the library for:

- Right / left / center alignment;
- Printer setup for Portuguese codepage

Thanks,
Abilio

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How to send an ESC/POS in the library for:

- Right / left / center alignment;
- Printer setup for Portuguese codepage

Thanks,
Abilio
Left ESC a 0 (Byte: 27 97 48)
Center ESC a 1 (Byte: 27 97 49)
Right ESC a 2 (Byte: 27 97 50)

aviario

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I am interested in buying this library, can you advise me which printer should I buy to work with this library?

Thank you

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I am interested in buying this library, can you advise me which printer should I buy to work with this library?

Thank you
From the messages you sent me in January 2018, I thought you already had a printer to test.
Hello, I tested your library with an Intermec Pr3 printer and it does not print the bitmap

Thank
In any case, I use a Chinese printer, it costs around € 30

aviario

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the information, what are you telling me is 58mm and I need an 80mm one of the picture that is of the same brand would also work?

Greetings

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the information, what are you telling me is 58mm and I need an 80mm one of the picture that is of the same brand would also work?

Greetings
I think so.

Any printer that supports ESC POS works, make sure it is compatible with ESC POS.

By-Cod3rs

Licensed User
Will "Turkish language support" be added to your library? or do you have?

"Ş,İ,Ö,Ç,Ü,Ğ , ş, ı , ö , ç , ü , ğ" - letters such as.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will "Turkish language support" be added to your library? or do you have?

"Ş,İ,Ö,Ç,Ü,Ğ , ş, ı , ö , ç , ü , ğ" - letters such as.
You can see the Character Set with this code. Send a photo of what you print.
B4X:
Dim S As String =""
For i= 32 To 255
     S= S & Chr(i)
Next
Printer.AddBuffer_WriteLine(S)

By-Cod3rs

Licensed User

" ISO8859-9 " no format.

Since it does not have a format, it prints Chinese letters.

Attachments

• karakter.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 262

abilio486software

Licensed User
My customers use some printers exactly like that model and you will need a command to switch off the "chinese mode". Check the printer CD and ESC/POS manual.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…