Wish SDK manager

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently SDK manager is missing the possibility to remove packages (no uninstall button) or to install different versions of a package (you have to install the proposed version). Could this be added?

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
The SDK manager is used to download recommended packages. Predefined to work correctly with B4A.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
One of the libraries posted here needs an old version of the support library.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
A RecycleView plugin called ItemPicker. Posted here on the forum.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A RecycleView plugin called ItemPicker. Posted here on the forum.
in ItemPicker is no reference to support library!?
Upload a project which shows the issue.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very easy to reproduce.
1. Start from a new B4A and SDK installation.
2. Install B4A and install the standard checked items in the SDK manager from B4A.
3. Install Amir_Recyclerview and Amir_itempicker
4. Run the itempicker demo (in Amir_RecyclerView_FullPackage_1.0.5\Plugins\Amir_RVItemPicker\Sample 1)
You will get the following message:
B4X:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Invalid item position 0(0). Item count:0 com.aghajari.rv.RecyclerView{28abdee3 VFED.... ......I. 0,0-0,0}, adapter:com.aghajari.rvplugins.Amir_RVItemPicker$Amir_RVItemPickerAdapter@35a940e0, layout:com.aghajari.rvplugins.PickerLayoutManager@38150f99, context:b4a.example.main@350e725e
If you look in Google, this seems to be a pretty common error linked to recent versions of the support library.
5. Delete the EXTRAS folder in the SDK, download the ZIP file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8m46ak17i04rgq/Android_Support_SDK_ARV.rar?dl=0 and paste the contents in the EXTRAS folder. This ZIP contains an older version of the support library.
6. Run the example... it works!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
. Start from a new B4A and SDK installation.
2. Install B4A and install the standard checked items in the SDK manager from B4A.
3. Install Amir_Recyclerview and Amir_itempicker
4. Run the itempicker demo (in Amir_RecyclerView_FullPackage_1.0.5\Plugins\Amir_RVItemPicker\Sample 1)

It compiles fine here. Though i can not test it on a real device actually. Will try later.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes it compiles ok, but it crashes on run. Tested on three different machines.