iOS Question Segmented Controls lose view on iPad 12.4.5

Robby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

Below are two screen shots, one from iPhone using 13.3.1 and the other iPad using 12.4.5

Segmented controls on the iPhone are shown correctly and working OK but when opened on the pad the controls are not displaying correctly but still work. The only thing altered when compiling was the Device IP address. All segment controls on other pages on the iPad are displaying the same. Other than segment controls all other functions and views OK.

I'm using local server ver 6.5.1. Mac 10.15.4.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 18.43.02.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 18.43.02.png
    78 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 18.43.43.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 18.43.43.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 180

Robby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Using Xcode 11 and iOS 13 the Segmented Control acts differently to Xcode 11 and IOS 12.4.5.

I was mainly testing on iOS 13. Background colour worked but all other colours seemed fixed; text as black and sliding control as white. Tint Color changes made no difference to the sliding control (which remained white) so it was left the same colour as background. Other than that no problems until I started testing on an iPad Air 12.4.5. I forgot tintcolor and background were still the same and the result was as the picture on the right when I thought it was an error.

When I tested with different tint and background on 12.4.5 the result was correct except the boundaries were square rather than rounded as set.

I did some research and Apple has changed the way segmented control works for ios13. For example Tint Color does not work at all. Apple introduced a new property called selectedSegmentTintColor which can change the colour of the sliding control.

Upvote 0