Android Question Sending large volumes of data by Bluetooth

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got a byte buffer of around 110K in size, currently I just send it like this:
AStream.Write(oData)

but I get a variety of problems,
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe and java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer

Is there a maximum size limit to the amount of data asynchstreams supports, or how can I debug this problem?

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm connecting to a bluetooth module which conects to a PC via VCOM, on PC side I'm currently just collecting the data with Teraterm. On the PC/module side hardware handshaking is in place (module has fairly small buffer), I am not sure what the handshaking setup is on the tablet side - can't see any config for it in my code.

Will be back on it that afternoon then can look into any more specific things to be looked into.

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the situation regarding handshaking with the bluetooth on the android side? I guess there are no settings relating to it, can't spot any.

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Strangely this morning I managed to transfer the whole dataset twice with no errors, perhaps there was something fishy happening behind the scenes the other day that was causing the error. Will continue to look at it.

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found the error, there was a timer that should have been disabled and it was interrupting the transmission and closing the stream.
All working reliably now.

Upvote 0