Wish Show if project has unsaved changes

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am more and more working cross-platform with b4xlibs, which means that I constantly jump around between the different IDE's to polish a thing here and fix a thing there. More than once I have saved the project in B4A, only to overwrite something I did in B4i/B4J, and vice versa. I do realize that I could partially solve this by being more disciplined, but it sure would help a bit if the IDE clearly showed if the project has unsaved changes.

For instance, now the window title is:

myFineProject - B4A

One simple way to show unsaved changes:

myFineProject (unsaved) - B4A

As it is now, I never know, so I quite often press control-s to save, just in case. And occasionally I shoot myself in the foot.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
We already have "dirty" files indicator, yellow dot, in Modules Tab of the IDE ;)

IDE.gif

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We already have "dirty" files indicator, yellow dot, in Modules Tab of the IDE ;)
True. Which require that I switch to the Modules tab and go look in for a yellow dot, in a long list of modules. That's actually very helpful for when one wants to understand where the changes are. But what I'm asking for is some lightning-fast way, with a glance, seeing if there's unsaved changes. The Modules list ain't that. Putting the info in the top left corner of the window is. (Or somewhere in the button bar, etc - there are many ways to do this.)