Wish Show if project has unsaved changes

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am more and more working cross-platform with b4xlibs, which means that I constantly jump around between the different IDE's to polish a thing here and fix a thing there. More than once I have saved the project in B4A, only to overwrite something I did in B4i/B4J, and vice versa. I do realize that I could partially solve this by being more disciplined, but it sure would help a bit if the IDE clearly showed if the project has unsaved changes.

For instance, now the window title is:

myFineProject - B4A

One simple way to show unsaved changes:

myFineProject (unsaved) - B4A

As it is now, I never know, so I quite often press control-s to save, just in case. And occasionally I shoot myself in the foot.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
We already have "dirty" files indicator, yellow dot, in Modules Tab of the IDE

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We already have "dirty" files indicator, yellow dot, in Modules Tab of the IDE
True. Which require that I switch to the Modules tab and go look in for a yellow dot, in a long list of modules. That's actually very helpful for when one wants to understand where the changes are. But what I'm asking for is some lightning-fast way, with a glance, seeing if there's unsaved changes. The Modules list ain't that. Putting the info in the top left corner of the window is. (Or somewhere in the button bar, etc - there are many ways to do this.)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…