B4J Question Snippet Manager

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just received this from LucaMs, and it's a brilliant tool and whilst I can run it in B4J with either java 8 or Java 11, downloaded from B4X I can't get it to run as a standalone, either clicking on the JAR file in object using java 8 or the executable in the Temp/build folder using java 11. When run the windows flashes up for a second and then disappears

I've tried various combinations but getting nowhere, any idea's

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Run it from the command line and you should be able to see the errors.

In Java 8

B4X:
java -jar filename

Or in java 11 with build standalone package, I think there is a run_debug.bat created in the same folder as the executable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To make it easier, take the batch file I attach and modify the paths as per your need.

The compilation must have been done with java 8:
1617835277858.png

[Remember that you can move lmSnippetManager213.jar wherever you want; to simplify, I moved it to c:\ and the batch file runs it from there]

Um... I named it wrongly, it should have been lmSnippetsManager

Attachments

• RunLmSnippetsManagerBatch.zip
    263 bytes · Views: 100
Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, thanks for the input, the batch file once the path was edited to my version of java 8 works, thanks again

I realise that I can now run the Snippets Manager but could anyone explain why I needed the batch file and will I have to do this or something similar for any other program built with B4J, also why the standalone bit doesn't work with any Java over version 11, I think the latest is Java 16

I am a novice but would like to understand for the future, thanks again

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Thanks I haven't read this but looks just what I need, to be honest, I've just been using your batch file but I will try this, many thanks again, the app is just what I wanted, I used to have something similar in good old VB6 and it was a godsend given my memory. Snippet Manager is something everyone should have on their desktop

Upvote 0