Share My Creation Soccer Jump! - LibGDX

Hi

I made a simple Jump game (without any gameengine)
The reason is i want to use the code for b4i

After some testing (and tester comments) i decided to use LibGDX for this game, now it runs much smoother then before.

The game is not 100% finished i have uploaded it because i would like to hear what you think about it and maybe how it runs on your devices.

It has now only 15 levels, i am planing to add about 70 levels and some animations.

The game is playable so please tell me if you find any bugs.

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.netjump

How to Play:

Have fun!

1.png 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Attachments

• tutorial.png
    tutorial.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
still not working right, but I managed to pass the first goal but then I got stuck again.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried the game but I'm not sure I've understood what to do. The animation of the bouncing ball is rather smooth but not perfect (that can be seen with slow rotations/moves), the gameplay is not obvious, the physical behavior of the ball is very weird (for me)... I tested it on an outdated phone with a decent CPU (1.4 Ghz). On such a phone with such a game, the result should be perfect but it's not. Did you think to use a time step to compute the next position/orientation ?
BTW, "Continue" is mispelled on a button.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried the game but I'm not sure I've understood what to do. The animation of the bouncing ball is rather smooth but not perfect (that can be seen with slow rotations/moves), the gameplay is not obvious, the physical behavior of the ball is very weird (for me)... I tested it on an outdated phone with a decent CPU (1.4 Ghz). On such a phone with such a game, the result should be perfect but it's not. Did you think to use a time step to compute the next position/orientation ?
BTW, "Continue" is mispelled on a button.

Thank you for your report.
i will fix the button text.
i dont understand what you mean: use time step to compute the next step

About the performance i decided to use libgdx for that game and on ios i will try this code i believe it will run better on it and there should be less problems because there are much less iphone modell then android and we also can test now on the simulator.

i guess the no game engine coding failed :D

Last edited:

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
About the performance i decided to use libgdx

LibGDX is not necessary here. And performance is not the problem. For me, the biggest drawback is:
What are we supposed to do ? It's not obvious at all, even with the explanation. I feel like I'm playing a random game. The ball behavior is unpredictable from my point of view. Sometimes it bounces slowly, sometimes not. Why ? It's hard to say.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
be happy that it even bounces ;)

that's not the case if I don't touch the screen at all.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok sorex (and all others :)) i have upload a new build v1.04
on my phone it runs weel but it did also before so please check it on your phone and tell me if now its ok, i am not sure it will be but i am trying :)

anyway i made a small video so you can compare how it should run on your phone.

(btw. i am holding on 1 hand my nexus to take the video and thatswhy i play really bad, you need 2 free hands for this game)

I looks really great!! Good job!! :)

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi all,

i have uploaded a libgdx version. now it should work fine(i hope)
any critic is welcome, thank you for your help

regards, ilan

the latest version is 1.0 (it could take a while until its online)

link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.netjump
It's not my kind of game, but this version is much better than the previous one. The physics are still unrealistic but you can predict where the ball will go so it's very playable.
I think this game is based on a good idea. Do you know how many games are based on the same theme and idea? Have you competitors? What makes the difference in your game?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you know how many games are based on the same theme and idea?

i guess at least 1000 :D

What makes the difference in your game?

hmmm.. i dont think this game will make much downloads, the main reason i did this game is to try to make a game with different levels and not with coming objects randomly.

i agree with you its not a "real" game, its more for learning, now i have a way how i can use different levels with LibGDX.
in this game the levels are choosen randomly but i create them with my level editor and now i am planing to make a street fight game with different levels something like "double dragon" (of course LIBGDX!!)

because i allready started this game i finished it but i decided to give up those simple one touch game and try to make real games with much more options...

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, just now tho.

actually, I installed B4J again a few days ago and wrote a (puzzle game) level editor & mini tracker in it for games that might see the daylight sometime.