Java Question [SOLVED] android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why do I get this error with a project that has been working PERFECTLY with a version earlier than V6.80. Now it does not work at all - no matter what previous version I install.

B4X:
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: get/set setting for user asks to run as user -2 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL
This error is on a KitKat device where it used to work 100% with a version of B4A earlier than V6.80.

This is extremely frustrating......Android is a mess at best as far as what I am concerned.

Last edited:

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Johan do you tried with this permission ?
Yes Marco, I did. It comes up with the same error regardless of the permission being added or not. The frustrating part is that it worked 100% before and now I run into this nonsense. Android does not seem to have any sort of PROPER backward compatibility. Always a new trick when it comes to Android....

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe there were updated libraries, and even reinstalling 6.80 were the new releases of the liberties.
A similar thing happened to me with La DialogsLibrary. Returning to 6.5 I found Dialog 4.01 that gave me trouble

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is what I get in the unfiltered logs when I start the app that worked before (on KitKat and now trying to again run it on KitKat)

B4X:
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: get/set setting for user asks to run as user -2 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL
    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.java:15169)
    at android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManager.java:2492)
    at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.call(SettingsProvider.java:688)
    at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.call(ContentProvider.java:325)
    at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:275)
    at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:404)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

I have now even gone back to B4A V6.00 (it worked with 6.00 before) and have also set my path to android 23 and then android 21 but the same error comes up. Camera refuses to start.

I have the required permissions added in the wrapper.
B4X:
@Permissions(values={"android.permission.CAMERA", "android.permission.FLASHLIGHT"})

Any idea why this is happening?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that it is related to B4A version.

It might be related to targetSdkVersion.
You are correct Erel. Is is not related to the B4A version. Error in my wrapper and also had to rebuild the layout file. All sorted now. Thanks