Android Question What is this? android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by hatzisn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. hatzisn

hatzisn Active Member Licensed User

I just upgraded to Android 9.0 and B4A v9.30 (done the jetifier thing) and I get this trying to install with USB. I will try with B4A Bridge and get back to you. In mean time any suggestions are highly welcomed.

Signing package file (private key). (2.00s)
    ZipAlign file. (1.02s) Installing file to device.
    Error adb: failed to install AG.apk: Security exception: Permission Denial: runInstallCreate from pm command asks to run as user -1 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: runInstallCreate from pm command asks to run as user -1 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL at com.android.server.am.UserController.handleIncomingUser(UserController.java:1827) at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.

Edit - With B4A bridge it works. Any suggestions for USB?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Strange error. Try to disable USB debug mode while the device is disconnected and then enable it again.

3. hatzisn

I tried disabling USB debug mode when phone is disconnected and enable it again. Same thing happens.

It seems to be though Android related. I tried with a same model phone (Samsung SM-J730F) but with Android 7 and the installation in the other phone works perfect. What I see in the Android 9 phone when I connect the USB is a rotating counter with a percentage which is hidden when it reaches 92% and then the computer recognizes the phone. I am able to see the foiders and browse through them so it is not a connection problem (I think).

Edit - It is not also project related as another project reports the same thing.

4. hatzisn

I rebooted the phone and now it installs correctly. Maybe it was a temporary staff due to something. Thanks anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice