Android Question [Solved] avd emulator shows blank error message

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, stuck in lockdown, I got some free time (surprisingly good), I decided to install latest B4A version.
Earlier, I was using 9.5 and my emulator was working fine along with real device.

Now I installed fresh in a new folder. In real device the app is installing Ok.
But for some reason the emulator is giving blank error message.
I have deleted all avd and created a new one with 24 only. Still same.
Deleted folder B4AEmulator and also .android, as I found in forum search and suggestion, still same.

avd error.png

So I am posting here, if any suggestion to solve it.
Note that I like to use emulator for development cycle as it is faster than real device which prompts for install and then goes on virus check.

Regards,

Anand

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that I like to use emulator for development cycle as it is faster than real device which prompts for install and then goes on virus check.

If you connect to your real device using a USB cable it doesn't prompt for an install or run a virus check (but I don't use an anti-virus apps on my devices). I find USB cable to device much faster than the bridge or an emulator.

Sorry - can't help you with the actual issue. :)

- Colin.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
USB cable to device much faster than the bridge or an emulator.
Thanks, using bridge is no problem. I need emulator, not for speed, but to quickly check my development, when my real phone is busy somewhere :)
The emulator was working Ok earlier, so there must be some Win update or something which disabled it.
Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Installing a new SDK might solve it. Also deleting the folder: C:\Users\<user name>\.android
Already followed your advise of deleting the folders,
and recreating new AVD.

Will redownload sdk and install today and revert, thanks.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After reinstall sdk in new Android folder (renamed the older one) and also reinstall resources from https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
the sdk showed recommended install, which took time to install all.

Created new AVD and it started Ok. Thank you Erel.

I checked my simple Hello code and it worked. I have some query which I am posting in another thread.
Below I have attached the images from my re-installation experience to help members who may encounter the same.

2020-04-08_172721.png2020-04-08_152638.png2020-04-08_150502.png2020-04-08_150411.png2020-04-08_150229.png2020-04-08_150040.png2020-04-08_153016.png

Regards,

Anand

Last edited:
Upvote 0