Beta [SOLVED] b4a v5 : unable to compile [layout file]

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by lemonisdead, May 28, 2015.

  1. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Hello,
    I can not compile a previous v4.3 project. I have an error saying (in French) a reference to an object is not an object's reference and that I must go to the designer script to debug.

    But when I open the designer script (script general), first all the views names are black. Then I select the "Script variant" and return to "Script general" and the views names are purple. But I can't find the reference to the missing view.

    Many thanks
     
  2. Peter Simpson

    Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

    This might sound strange @lemonisdead but have you tried doing to the designer and re-saving the layout(s)?
     
    lemonisdead likes this.
  3. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Hello @Peter Simpson : Yes I did it, thanks your idea. But that's not better.

    In the same time, when I press the "Run" Arrow in the designer, I get that error message : "the format of the incoming string is not correct"

    [​IMG]
     

    Attached Files:

  4. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    Can you upload this layout file or project (or send it to me by mail)?
     
    lemonisdead and Peter Simpson like this.
  5. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Thanks : I'll send it by mail
     
  6. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    In fact, all my previous layouts (even the most simple ones : one label for example) do generate the same error. But not the one I do create with the new version 5

    I think the word "AutoScaleAll" is the reason : when I comment it and Run in Designer, I don't have any error

    Edit : confirmed => the word AutoScaleAll since if it is inserted (typed or autocompleted) generates an error (in General or Variant scripts)
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  7. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    It happens when one of the designer scripts is completely empty. In this case is it the variant script. Add a comment or a space and it will work.

    It will be of course fixed.
     
    Peter Simpson and lemonisdead like this.
  8. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    @Erel : I am sorry, perhaps I don't get it but, I tried to have no variant's script empty and I do have the same issue
     

    Attached Files:

  9. Peter Simpson

    Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

  10. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    @Peter Simpson : well, Windows Update has nothing to download. Java JDK is jdk1.8.0_45, Android SDK is android-22.
    In fact, it compiles alternatively. But could you please try to Run the designer script from the Designer. I get 100% the error reported previously.
     
  11. Peter Simpson

    Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

    Hiya @lemonisdead,
    Nope I've got no errors whatsoever with the designer script, to tell you the truth I've not really had any errors whatsoever with the Beta.

    Anyway, below is a screen shot of me running one of my scripts (no anchors here), I do not get any errors whatsoever, I also tried your .bal file and that worked perfect too...

    Untitled-1.jpg
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    lemonisdead likes this.
  12. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

  13. Peter Simpson

    Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

    yep poor you :(
     
    lemonisdead likes this.
  14. qsrtech

    qsrtech Active Member Licensed User

    I think the most important thing at this point in time is to debug if that's your real picture;)
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  15. qsrtech

    qsrtech Active Member Licensed User

    I guess that depends on which angle your looking at the situation from. Anyway, it's nice to see that there is an attractive woman in this realm.

    Btw, my layouts seem to be fine but then again i don't use designer scripts too much. I'm running java 1.7x and .net 4 dot something less than 4.52 cause the designer told me i should upgrade. My one large project seemed to compile/run just fine but i haven't tested my other much larger project yet. But anyway that project's UI is pretty much all done through code/DB. All the best

    P.s. i should add i was running beta #2
     
  16. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

  17. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Hello,
    Please find the logs file attached. Many thanks
     

    Attached Files:

    • log.txt
      File size:
      3.9 KB
      Views:
      35
  18. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Another one from a new blank project (no device attached and no emulator in case of that error was logged)
     

    Attached Files:

    Peter Simpson likes this.
  19. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Hello @Erel,
    Some additionnal information : I have installed the beta on a second computer and the problem appeared again.
    I wonder if you had some time to look at this but I guess it has something to do with the locales and/or the .NET 4.5.1 localized SDK.
    I will post in the French forum to see if someone has the same issue
    [this message was for providing more information only]
     
  20. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    It does look like a locale issue. It should work properly in the next update.
     
    lemonisdead likes this.
Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice