Beta [SOLVED] b4a v5 : unable to compile [layout file]

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I can not compile a previous v4.3 project. I have an error saying (in French) a reference to an object is not an object's reference and that I must go to the designer script to debug.

La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
Error File: l1.bal
Go to the designer script page to debug this error.

But when I open the designer script (script general), first all the views names are black. Then I select the "Script variant" and return to "Script general" and the views names are purple. But I can't find the reference to the missing view.

Many thanks

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Issue almost solved with version 3 :
  • when I create a new layout and compile it I don't have any warning
  • when I open an already created layout, the views names in the Script - General are black at the first time. Pressing "Run" produces an error
  • then I go to any other tab (for example Script - Variant) and go back to Script - General : the views names are purple this time
  • then I can press "Run" and it produces no error. I can save the layout.
  • Now when I reopen the saved layout, the views names are black but pressing "Run" produces no error that time
Many thanks Erel

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
when I open an already created layout, the views names in the Script - General are black at the first time. Pressing "Run" produces an error
I see it too. It is fixed for the next update. This is only a visualization issue.

when I open an already created layout, the views names in the Script - General are black at the first time. Pressing "Run" produces an error
Can you post the error message (with the IDE logs if possible)?

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post the error message (with the IDE logs if possible)?
Hello Erel,
The error message is the same (image attached) and the logs are attached too. I had to open previously and not already saved layouts (in case of you see something about in the logs).

designer-png.34466

For information only : the same error appears if, for example, you try to move a sub from its sub's name from the modules list to the code editor (something nobody would do but that I saw while making a bad moving). If you need some logs too, feel free to ask.

Attachments

• log.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 158
  • designer.png
    designer.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
It only happens with old layouts, right?
Yes correct : old layouts not saved with the new version. After they have been saved, all is OK.
Should I change my system's locales to English to check if it really comes from the locales ?

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure : one is attached. It was created with v4.30 some minutes ago and not saved with v5
Open it, try to compile. The error is displayed

Attachments

• l1.bal
    1.7 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that I found it. It happens when you open the designer and the run button is enabled while the abstract designer doesn't show the "script mode" message, right?
Not only. it happens when :
  • you compile without having previously saved the old layout with v5
  • you open the layout with Script - General opened at first and press "Run"
  • you open the layout with Script - Variant opened at first and press "Run"

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
beta V4 : I have been able to compile the old layout without any error.
I can isolate the problem now : the error is shown only when I don't click inside the Script field
The Script - Variant seems to put the mouse inside the field but the Script - General doesn't put the cursor in it by default.
When the cursor is not in the field and I press "Run", the error is displayed. But when I firstly click inside the field, no error is displayed anymore

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not correct about the Script - Variant vs Script - General : in fact when you have such tabs opened and open a layout, I must click inside the first field shown.

Upvote 0