Beta [SOLVED] b4a v5 : unable to compile [layout file]

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I can not compile a previous v4.3 project. I have an error saying (in French) a reference to an object is not an object's reference and that I must go to the designer script to debug.

La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
Error File: l1.bal
Go to the designer script page to debug this error.

But when I open the designer script (script general), first all the views names are black. Then I select the "Script variant" and return to "Script general" and the views names are purple. But I can't find the reference to the missing view.

Many thanks

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Peter Simpson : Yes I did it, thanks your idea. But that's not better.

In the same time, when I press the "Run" Arrow in the designer, I get that error message : "the format of the incoming string is not correct"

designer_error-png.34304

Attachments

• designer_error.png
    designer_error.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
In fact, all my previous layouts (even the most simple ones : one label for example) do generate the same error. But not the one I do create with the new version 5

I think the word "AutoScaleAll" is the reason : when I comment it and Run in Designer, I don't have any error

Edit : confirmed => the word AutoScaleAll since if it is inserted (typed or autocompleted) generates an error (in General or Variant scripts)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel : I am sorry, perhaps I don't get it but, I tried to have no variant's script empty and I do have the same issue

Attachments

• test.bal
    1.5 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Peter Simpson : well, Windows Update has nothing to download. Java JDK is jdk1.8.0_45, Android SDK is android-22.
In fact, it compiles alternatively. But could you please try to Run the designer script from the Designer. I get 100% the error reported previously.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hiya @lemonisdead,
Nope I've got no errors whatsoever with the designer script, to tell you the truth I've not really had any errors whatsoever with the Beta.

Anyway, below is a screen shot of me running one of my scripts (no anchors here), I do not get any errors whatsoever, I also tried your .bal file and that worked perfect too...

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the most important thing at this point in time is to debug if that's your real picture;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is but it has nothing to do with such problem.
I guess that depends on which angle your looking at the situation from. Anyway, it's nice to see that there is an attractive woman in this realm.

Btw, my layouts seem to be fine but then again i don't use designer scripts too much. I'm running java 1.7x and .net 4 dot something less than 4.52 cause the designer told me i should upgrade. My one large project seemed to compile/run just fine but i haven't tested my other much larger project yet. But anyway that project's UI is pretty much all done through code/DB. All the best

P.s. i should add i was running beta #2

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Please find the logs file attached. Many thanks

Attachments

• log.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another one from a new blank project (no device attached and no emulator in case of that error was logged)

Attachments

• log2.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Erel,
Some additionnal information : I have installed the beta on a second computer and the problem appeared again.
I wonder if you had some time to look at this but I guess it has something to do with the locales and/or the .NET 4.5.1 localized SDK.
I will post in the French forum to see if someone has the same issue
[this message was for providing more information only]

Upvote 0