iOS Question [Solved]Installation takes up to 10 minutes after updating b4i and bridge

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
After updating to b4i 4.00 and updating the b4i-bridge, the installation of the app takes up to 10 minutes. I tried this

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/workaround-for-strange-pause-during-installation.47863/
with no success. I'm using the hosted builder with an enterprise-account. I have reinstalled the new b4i bridge twice and tried it on another phone with an older version of the b4i bridge. I also deinstalled the app completly. What could i also do?

Edit:

I made a simple test-app and it is possible to start it in debug after a long time. But if i try to restart the debug-app, I get the message:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Wrong version of debug app started.

Seems, that this belongs to the problem above..

Last edited:

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
how you solved it.

I have similar problem after updating b4i bridge.

and also the bridge app is not autoclosing when installing an app

That was exactly my problem. I compiled the project only in release-mode for 10 or 12 times and after that, the problem was solved on both devices (with the new and the old version of b4i Bridge).Before, it was not possible to compile in debug.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
and also the bridge app is not autoclosing when installing an app
The app should start automatically without closing B4i-Bridge. If you prefer to manually start the app (it might be faster) then uncheck the Run Installed App Automatically option under Tools - Build Server - Settings.

Upvote 0