Android Question [SOLVED]Problems with many JAR Libs

Dianzoa

Licensed User
I had the (already infamous) com.android.dx.cf.code.SimException: invalid opcode ba (invokedynamic requires --min-sdk-version >= 26) error. I check the forum but could not resolve it. The examples of desugar seems to be for .aar files, but happens to me with JAR files in the library folder, and with many, like GPS, Phone, FirebaseNotification, RuntimePermissions, etc,. I can't work with B4A right now :( it won't compile what I need, even the simplest example of B4APages, fails if I add for example Runtimepermissions lib. Any hint?

1628371495757.png

Last edited:

Dianzoa

Licensed User
Ufff, finally I could solve this, I case someone run into this, this is what I did: completely removed my Android tools and resources directory (c:\android, in my case) I download from scratch from the installation B4A page . Never happened to me before, but for some reason even if I was updating the sdk's with SDK Manager, does not resolve the issue for me. I need to do this from scratch. I can rest now.

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You've had the same problem like me... and the same solution... It was not easy for me too to see the solution, but it was on the forum

Upvote 0

Dianzoa

Licensed User
@José J. Aguilar man, it was very frustrating for a few days, the thing is I was looking for the "desugar" solutions, since that was the main solution I found relating to that sim exception error.

Upvote 0