Android Question SOLVED Sign google playstore error

gregorio_adrian_gimenez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! Followed the tutorial https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-play-app-signing.91703/ to create a new signature for Google. The apk generated this error when trying to sign it

I hope not to have to create a new key, because they already went up to google . The password is fine, check it before.

C:\Proyectos_android\cepral - v3 - copia>c:\android2\build-tools\27.0.1\apksigner.bat sign --ks "c:\cepralv3.jks" --out signed.apk aligned.apk
Keystore password for signer #1:
Failed to load signer "signer #1"
java.io.IOException: Invalid keystore format
at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.provider.KeyStoreDelegator.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$DualFormatJKS.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
at java.security.KeyStore.load(Unknown Source)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.loadKeyStoreFromFile(ApkSignerTool.java:829)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.loadPrivateKeyAndCertsFromKeyStore(ApkSignerTool.java:719)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.loadPrivateKeyAndCerts(ApkSignerTool.java:659)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.access$500(ApkSignerTool.java:611)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.sign(ApkSignerTool.java:266)
at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.main(ApkSignerTool.java:89)

any help would be welcome
regards

Last edited:

gregorio_adrian_gimenez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! Yes, I had to generate these steps because I lost the password of the keystore, now request a google update again, because the jks that had generated had compatibility problems, I had used an old java version, I hope you update it to resolve the problem greetings

Upvote 0

gregorio_adrian_gimenez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, the error generated by me when compiling did not happen with a new key generated in a newer version of java.
The subject that I am waiting for google to update the signature so that it is resolved, if they do not change the signature, I will be complicated, but I am waiting, and then I will let you know the result
Hug

Upvote 0

gregorio_adrian_gimenez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! It was solved.
In google play, request the key change, from the option : app signatures --> contact the developer support team
they send you an email in 24 hours requesting to create the upload_certificate.pem file
You must answer the email attached to that file
Google loads it in playstore and in 48 hours you can use the new key to continue with the signing steps.

My mistake was to use keytool from an old versionof java.:p
So I would recommend before uploading the upload_certificated.pem file into the playstore, complete the process of creating the signed.apk file to ensure that a similar problem does not arise

Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0